×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin III THE FIRST CG Anime Film's Teaser Video Previews Dub




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dm
Subscriber



Joined: 24 Sep 2010
Posts: 1410
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 pm Reply with quote
(No Fujiko in the trailer?)

That looked like a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see how it comes off (also, which of the many Lupins we'll be getting).

I was never much into the non-Miyazaki Lupin back in the day, but I'm enjoying the Lupin renaissance that's been going on over the past few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 8476
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Aside from the CG, there's really nothing that special about this movie, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway to support the English dub. It's your typical Lupin adventure, not groundbreaking the way that Koike's hardboiled movies are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TexZero



Joined: 25 Oct 2017
Posts: 586
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:36 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
(No Fujiko in the trailer?)

That looked like a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see how it comes off (also, which of the many Lupins we'll be getting).

I was never much into the non-Miyazaki Lupin back in the day, but I'm enjoying the Lupin renaissance that's been going on over the past few years.


I've seen it and can safely say it's a Lupin Adventure.
If you've enjoyed part 4 or 5 you'll likely enjoy this too.

The graphics surprisingly don't detract from the story being told and there's parts where it actively works in it's favor such as the puzzle sequences.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dm
Subscriber



Joined: 24 Sep 2010
Posts: 1410
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:11 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Aside from the CG, there's really nothing that special about this movie, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway to support the English dub. It's your typical Lupin adventure, not groundbreaking the way that Koike's hardboiled movies are.


I kind of think that’s okay. A woman called Fujiko Mine has been my favorite of the recent crop (and it shares a lot of the imagery of the Koike movies). The Koike films were okay, but I felt they were missing something for all their edginess.

I’m looking forward to this film — it’s time for a Lupin romp, anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wingweaver84



Joined: 12 Feb 2016
Posts: 74
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:17 am Reply with quote
I'm glad they got Tony Oliver to reprise Lupin,IMO there's no one else who can do the role so well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DisneyXAnimefan95



Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 218
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
wingweaver84 wrote:
I'm glad they got Tony Oliver to reprise Lupin,IMO there's no one else who can do the role so well.

Not to mention that other than voicing Lupin and his Studiopolis roles (Bleach & Naruto) most of Tony Oliver's voice-over work these days is primarily at Bang Zoom! given that he's one of the primary ADR Directors and writers at the studio. Even it's worth that Tony hasn't done any NYAV Posts dub up until Lupin III the First
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group