• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NHK World Airs Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san Anime in February 2021

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
NHK World streams some of its programs with English subtitles worldwide.

Some with subs. Most with the most awful dubs you've ever heard... And they've only got 4-5 voice actors, tops.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 am Reply with quote
February? That's rare isn't it?

But for those who read Maiko-San manga, at first Maiko-San does not look typical shonen manga(like the late Act-Age) but since Maiko-San is a shonen manga(it's from WSS), 1. does it have some common shonen tropes? 2. Is it generic and cliche? And 3. is it really good? Just curious.
Q4000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:46 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
But for those who read Maiko-San manga, at first Maiko-San does not look typical shonen manga(like the late Act-Age) but since Maiko-San is a shonen manga(it's from WSS), 1. does it have some common shonen tropes? 2. Is it generic and cliche? And 3. is it really good? Just curious.

I only have the first 2 volumes so the series may have pivoted after, but it's SoL with an emphasis on food (they include recipes or a featured dish with every chapter) rather than typical Shonen fare (Act-Age was basically a sports manga with the sport being acting). Stories are episodic. No deep, complicated stuff. Great for people who like a casual read. If you're into that stuff, I recommend you take a look.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1