• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer Film Earns Upwards of US$30 Million in 1st 3 Days

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote
The success is certainly historical, and based on what I heard (from Japanese social media, as well as my relatives who reside in Japan), the movie adaptation is pretty close to perfection even to the most “fundamentalist” manga readers.

The movie theaters in Japan will switch back to normal socially-distanced seating starting this week so no, in case there are any upward surge of Covid in the future, it would be pretty impartial to blame it all on this movie.

I do expect an announcement of next season this week or next one, since the official Twitter is already teasing it
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
The success is certainly historical, and based on what I heard (from Japanese social media, as well as my relatives who reside in Japan), the movie adaptation is pretty close to perfection even to the most “fundamentalist” manga readers.

I do expect an announcement of next season this week or next one, since the official Twitter is already teasing it

Great to hear Smile
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I suppose fans have speculated on how to accommodate those who can't/has yet to watch the movie for some reason, before airing the continuation of the first season. The movie is not a filler, chronologically related to the series, and has some important parts/information. I'm guessing the second season's early episodes will be the tv adaptation of the movie, before it continues to the following arc.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
The movie is not a filler, chronologically related to the series, and has some important parts/information. I'm guessing the second season's early episodes will be the tv adaptation of the movie, before it continues to the following arc.

They could always just air the movie on TV a week before the second season premiere.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:26 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Dian Z wrote:
The movie is not a filler, chronologically related to the series, and has some important parts/information. I'm guessing the second season's early episodes will be the tv adaptation of the movie, before it continues to the following arc.

They could always just air the movie on TV a week before the second season premiere.

I hope they go that (or similar) route. Even though I'm also worried about being able to see it before whenever the second season airs (I presume some time next year, hopefully summer if not spring), I'd rather the new season be completely new content and not lose episodes to repeated content
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1