• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stand By Me Doraemon 2 Film's Video Previews Masaki Suda's Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first Stand By Me Doraemon. I wonder if this one will be as tear-inducing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:13 am Reply with quote
Netflix should pick up the worldwide streaming rights to this and its predecessor. I'd like to see the Bang Zoom! cast reunite at some point.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:03 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I enjoyed the first Stand By Me Doraemon. I wonder if this one will be as tear-inducing.

I can imagine it will be. Obāchan no Omoide (a Doraemon episode which, as already mentioned in the article, will take up a large part of the movie's plot) can be pretty emotional, especially if you've experienced the loss of a close family member. In the episode, Nobita and Doraemon go back in time to visit the former's grandmother. spoiler[She died sometime when Nobita was in kindergarten. Near the end, Nobita's grandmother recognizes him, despite the fact that she didn't live long enough to see him as a 9/10-year-old kid.]

CastMember1991 wrote:
Netflix should pick up the worldwide streaming rights to this and its predecessor. I'd like to see the Bang Zoom! cast reunite at some point.

Yeah, that would be cool if both of those things happen. Streaming is pretty much the only viable option for the Stand By Me Doraemon movies in North America at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1