• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hollywood Reporter: Netflix, HBO Max Bid to Stream Godzilla vs. Kong

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:21 am Reply with quote
Dumping it on Netflix sounds like the best way forward but even getting a bit over 200 mil likely won´t lead to a profit for Legendary/WB unless nothing was spent on promotions so far. I would still have taken that deal. Oh well, HBO Max and a convoluted cinematic run it is.

Kong: Skull Island is the only good film in the series and I can´t see it going on after this one so let´s hope the mini-universe goes out on top. Adam Wingard directed this? Weird choice Legendary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:49 am Reply with quote
The only one I love is Godzilla 2014 as I didn't enjoy Skull Island and I utterly despise King of the Monsters. My hopes for Godzilla vs Kong are low if Skull Island/KoTM was the direction they wanted over the mythic take they had in 2014.

2014: "There are giant monsters!? [shocks all around] "Let them fight."
Skull Island: "There are giant animals?! Let's kill them!"
Ktom: "There are Giant monsters.. There's also a space monster called Monster Zero. There's also a way to control them. Also, that way to control them just makes them RAMPAGE so it's not they're being controlled at. But they are. Also, Godzilla, time permitting. There's also an Oxygen Destroyer but it's only used once. All because reasons"

My hope for G v K: There are giant monster. Let them fight.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:08 pm Reply with quote
One of the movies that is built for that IMAX experience is getting shoved to people's garbage TV's and sound setup.

I don't mind but it's kind of laughable
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1