• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So I Interviewed a Spider, So What?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:04 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the light novel and manga, I have high hopes for this anime, hopefully it won't be ruined like Arifureta.
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
As a fan of the light novel and manga, I have high hopes for this anime, hopefully it won't be ruined like Arifureta.

I'm more optimistic about this one than about Arifureta, since the light novel is (in my opinion at least) better written than Arifureta. This isn't to say that I don't enjoy Arifureta, but at the very least, the first few volumes of Kumo desu ga are more compelling.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:36 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

I had low to moderate hopes for the mushoku tensei and judging by the first two episodes, it's going to be a really good adaptation, I hope the time of cheap anime adaptations of famous isekai jobs is finally behind, as there are still some works worth adapting (including spider loli) .
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:17 am Reply with quote
I hope you're doing the weekly reviews, Theron. I enjoyed reading your reviews of the light novels (and this interview, too).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fluwm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Ryujin99 wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

I'm more optimistic about this one than about Arifureta, since the light novel is (in my opinion at least) better written than Arifureta. This isn't to say that I don't enjoy Arifureta, but at the very least, the first few volumes of Kumo desu ga are more compelling.

I dunno, it seems like it'd be really easy to waste a lot of time on the RPG systems nonsense (which thankfully the LNs eventually dropped) and get the pacing screwed up given all of the concurrent narratives in the first half of the series. Arifureta would've been much easier to adapt, given how straightforward it is.
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
I dunno, it seems like it'd be really easy to waste a lot of time on the RPG systems nonsense (which thankfully the LNs eventually dropped) and get the pacing screwed up given all of the concurrent narratives in the first half of the series. Arifureta would've been much easier to adapt, given how straightforward it is.

Funny enough that's exactly what Spider author thought.

He said in multiple Q&As that adapting his work to anime was a difficult one due to the MC being a spider and how much time the novel put in the System (all the stats sheets, MC slowly analizing her skill, etc).
cfalcon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I like the creative take on the usual preview article! As for the show itself, hopefully it'll be solidly produced, as technical merits are often hit or miss with isekai anime (even if the manga has excellent artwork).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1