Forum - View topic
NEWS: BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense. Anime Season 2 to Air in 2022




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
topgun97



Joined: 06 Oct 2019
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:20 am Reply with quote
2022! Lmao that’s so far away. By that point interest in this series would have come to a standstill. Some time in 2021 is when season 2 should be coming out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
me_barron



Joined: 14 Sep 2014
Posts: 75
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 am Reply with quote
Montage: The Anime lol But seriously, why were there so many montages in this show? And always that one song with the guitar.

Anyway, this and Toilet-bound Hanako were my surprisingly good finds of the year. Too bad it's such a long wait for more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thespacemaster



Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 723
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:50 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
2022! Lmao that’s so far away. By that point interest in this series would have come to a standstill. Some time in 2021 is when season 2 should be coming out.


Except it is clear that bofuri was not intial planned to have a s2 as it needs all that time for animators to make it in a decent pace but hey if u wanna rush it in an idustry that heavy absue animators just to get something out faster in time than by all means say so,

Bottom line be patient and dont act like a spoiled child, be thankfull you got something at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 16532
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:07 am Reply with quote
Even with a full year wait, it's still a welcome announcement, as it fulfills one of my most-desired sequel requests from last year. I'd happily watch more of this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Villain-chan



Joined: 18 May 2020
Posts: 73
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:37 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
topgun97 wrote:
2022! Lmao that’s so far away. By that point interest in this series would have come to a standstill. Some time in 2021 is when season 2 should be coming out.


Except it is clear that bofuri was not intial planned to have a s2 as it needs all that time for animators to make it in a decent pace but hey if u wanna rush it in an idustry that heavy absue animators just to get something out faster in time than by all means say so,

Bottom line be patient and dont act like a spoiled child, be thankfull you got something at all.
While there's an exception here and there, most anime are scheduled to be made year'(s) in advance. (Made as in, the studio will accept the job of making it but it doesn't start being worked on until the appointed time agreed upon, e.g. a studio might accept anime name here in 2020 but it might not be able to start making it till 2021 or 2022 barring no delays like the pandemic) Most studios that make the anime are booked solid.

Now add in the virus which caused massive delays world wide (even the Japanese version) and of course that's going to impact when anime are released. I dunno about every anime that released last year b4 the virus hit world wide but, few that i saw out of 20+ got an announcement for a 2nd season, and the ones that did typically or entirely didn't say when it was going and for good reason, hard to say when given the state of the world. Even Japan right now is facing another sitch where lock downs are or likely to happen again. If that impacts anime then it'll delay future anime and continuations even further. Btw, this info on how anime is made I got from reading Answerman on this site (Sadly now discontinued) so if this has changed in the last few years since that column, I wouldn't know but I doubt it has.


As for the "spoiled child", I get why u said that but that was rude and i don't believe they are one. I believe they were merely stating another fact which is true and that is, if too much time passes fans lose interest. Its a sad fact but most anime fans are only into it casually. As to your claim it was clear a S2 was never planned, I want proof of that please. Dd the creator or anyone involved whose high up enough and has the ability to know and say becus typically these things aren't said, further more S2 was practically announced not long after S1 ended so i disagree a S2 was never planned. please don't spread misinformation, I know for SURE a S2 was announced last year and I was hoping it''d release sooner than next year, but least it's coming eventually.

P.s. If you wanna know how anime is actually made go watch Shirobako, it's made (typically) as it's airing. This is why delays are so common with anime that's airing. The reason i say this is because of you saying more time in the oven, that doesn't apply to anime and how it's made, it's usually just rare exceptions like Sailor Moon Crystal S1 (with S2 included) where anime has more time in the oven, or in other rare cases where it's made in full b4 it airs or months in advance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
Subscriber



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4735
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:55 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Even with a full year wait, it's still a welcome announcement, as it fulfills one of my most-desired sequel requests from last year. I'd happily watch more of this one.

I am actually satisfied with how season 1 ended and see this sequel as a bonus. And I agree with others here that a 2 years wait is fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
ATastySub



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 260
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:
P.s. If you wanna know how anime is actually made go watch Shirobako, it's made (typically) as it's airing. This is why delays are so common with anime that's airing. The reason i say this is because of you saying more time in the oven, that doesn't apply to anime and how it's made, it's usually just rare exceptions like Sailor Moon Crystal S1 (with S2 included) where anime has more time in the oven, or in other rare cases where it's made in full b4 it airs or months in advance.

Shirobako is very clear that the animation process can still be being done week to week but from announcement to animation means there are still months to years to get everything in order for that process to even begin. No one is ever announcing an anime and then immediately animating it week to week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topgun97



Joined: 06 Oct 2019
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
topgun97 wrote:
2022! Lmao that’s so far away. By that point interest in this series would have come to a standstill. Some time in 2021 is when season 2 should be coming out.


Except it is clear that bofuri was not intial planned to have a s2 as it needs all that time for animators to make it in a decent pace but hey if u wanna rush it in an idustry that heavy absue animators just to get something out faster in time than by all means say so,

Bottom line be patient and dont act like a spoiled child, be thankfull you got something at all.


Are you sure it wasn't initially planned to have a S2? The announcement for a second season came right at the end of the last episode. Unless the studio planned for a S2 from the beginning why would they include that announcement within the final episode? Either they planned to have in from the beginning, or decided for it at some point during the anime's airing cycle. This is almost the same case as 100-man no inochi from last season. The final episode included a second season announcement that will air during Summer 2021. I believe for that anime the studio planned for another season because of how quickly the next season's air date is.

Bofuri came out January of 2020 and is done by studio Silver Link which is by no means a small studio. At least I don't think so. In the year 2020 they animated 4 anime, one for each season. So for season 2 coming out in 2022 I think it could be more so because they have other projects in between.

As for the spoiled child, I wasn't really complaining. I was mostly laughing rather than complaining when seeing that release date. I greatly lean towards the studio planning on another season so I found it really funny that they planned on waiting so long before doing it. If something is popular wouldn't you want to capitalize on it and the hype surrounding it as soon as possible? It's like " Hmm yes, let's include a second season announcement right as the first season is done. Then we wait a year before telling people the planned release year, not date or month, of the second season. And when the time comes we tell them: next year.". This was my first thought when I read this article so when I wrote my first comment in my head I'm thinking "Yo, people are going to forget about this.".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nargun



Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 884
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:15 pm Reply with quote
me_barron wrote:
Montage: The Anime lol But seriously, why were there so many montages in this show? And always that one song with the guitar.

Anyway, this and Toilet-bound Hanako were my surprisingly good finds of the year. Too bad it's such a long wait for more.


Montages can cover a lot of material very quickly, and they're also fairly cheap. Having the same music saves money, and also marks the sequences off together to make it more obvious that it's a montage this time too. And generally also because a show that uses montages is going to use them for material that's pretty central to the show's theme, which means they'll all be similar to each other and so wanting similar music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 1425
Location: Europa
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:42 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
2022! Lmao that’s so far away. By that point interest in this series would have come to a standstill. Some time in 2021 is when season 2 should be coming out.


Oh no, 2 years between anime seasons. That never happend before!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
XaelOstigian



Joined: 25 Oct 2019
Posts: 54
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:44 am Reply with quote
The time frame makes sense since we are all going to need that extra year to grind for enough exp, money, and equipment to stand a chance against Maple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TexZero



Joined: 25 Oct 2017
Posts: 445
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually quite glad it's coming...i mean not that a season 2 wasn't already known to be in production from the end of last season, but it's good to know that it will be ready some time next year pending any more delays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BadNewsBlues



Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 4341
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
[
Oh no, 2 years between anime seasons. That never happend before!


I'm still waiting on Nyan Koi's 2nd season that's never happening....which may have to do with the manga not being finished but still.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group