• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - The Politics and Antics in Log Horizon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:39 pm Reply with quote
In all seriousness thank you covid for delaying this anime, there is only so much politics I can deal with at once.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I liked the scene in the most recent episode where we see Shiroe's suggestion that spoiler[Rayneshia take a brief vacation] was hardly an act of kindness. So much in character for him.
Denys Lalande

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 am Reply with quote
That last comment:

"On this episode: Learn the 5-2-1 Rule."
thedarkemissary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Here's what I don't understand. So, they waited for his jail sentence to be up, just so they could put out half a season wherein they immediate catch up to what had already been written? Is he even back to writing more? If not, then what's the point of this? Did they already have some of this done before he was arrested and they decided to wait till after he served his time to put it out?
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So the big question that everyone's been asking since season 2 is "Where's Krusty?"

Found him!
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:38 am Reply with quote
thedarkemissary wrote:
Here's what I don't understand. So, they waited for his jail sentence to be up, just so they could put out half a season wherein they immediate catch up to what had already been written? Is he even back to writing more? If not, then what's the point of this? Did they already have some of this done before he was arrested and they decided to wait till after he served his time to put it out?

Log Horizon is carried on the NHK, not some commercial network. It's always going to be very concerned about its public image. For instance, NHK axed the opening song for Hyouge Mono after just four episodes because one of the members of the band that performed it was arrested for possession of marijuana. So I'm not surprised the NHK did not carry the show while its manga-ka was in jail.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:56 am Reply with quote
thedarkemissary wrote:

I looked it up, and Mamare Touno hasn't released a new chapter of the web novel since 2018, and that was two years after the tax-dodging scandal. I guess NHK just got tired of waiting and decided to commission a 12-episode season covering just the three completed novels (Vols. 11-13) that hadn't been animated yet. Vol. 14 remains incomplete to this day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1