• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater Anime Delayed Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh my.....here it comes, by the end of June, I do wonder how many April anime can manage to finish as scheduled.

Best wish to the production staff, please stay safe.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Weeb gang rise up, we have to kill COVID-19 before it kills anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
While it wasn't catastrophic, there was a visible loss of quality in the 2nd ep compared to the 1st. I wonder what they intend to do if too much animes get delayed, turning them into web anime wouldn't be as profitable but it would prevent them from taking futur seasons's tv time slots.
It's sad but the list will most likely keep on growing

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Aww man, was looking forward to this one.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:44 pm Reply with quote
In other news, Highschool Of The Dead is now real life.... but S2 is still not in the works.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
While it wasn't catastrophic, there was a visible loss of quality in the 2nd ep compared to the 1st. I wonder what they intend to do if too much animes get delayed, turning them into web anime wouldn't be as profitable but it would prevent them from taking futur seasons's tv time slots.
It's sad but the list will most likely keep on growing
We should just assume everything is going to be pushed back a season at the earliest. Shows already planned for the summer will likely be pushed back to the fall.
TD912

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:56 pm Reply with quote
This article should probably have the COVID-19 tag added to it, I don't see it listed here? animenewsnetwork.com/all/covid-19

animenewsnetwork.com/site-news/2020-03-30/new-article-filter-for-covid-19-related-news/.158117
KavitaksSharma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:08 am Reply with quote
This is SAD.
Please pray to GOD that this is over soon.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:59 am Reply with quote
Cimarosa wrote:
And nothing of value was lost

How?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:32 am Reply with quote
I sincerely hope that the industry will consider just cancelling or scrapping some of the future anime in production, especially for generic LN adaptation #23118. Hoping that this pandemic will shake things up in the industry, for better or for worse, since the state the industry right now is not viable. Oh and btw, we're expecting a global recession due to this.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:33 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Weeb gang rise up, we have to kill COVID-19 before it kills anime.

Yes come out from your basements and isolated rooms, bring out your swords and protect your dakimakura waifus. This is a enemy not to be underestimated, we MUST find its weakness but it wipes us all out!
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:37 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
I sincerely hope that the industry will consider just cancelling or scrapping some of the future anime in production, especially for generic LN adaptation #23118. Hoping that this pandemic will shake things up in the industry, for better or for worse, since the state the industry right now is not viable. Oh and btw, we're expecting a global recession due to this.

Frankly, due to the nature of macro economic cycle, we are going to have a global recession in 2020-2021 anyways, the COVID pandemic Is only making things from bad to worse. No country is safe, and everyone will be affected to some degree
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:44 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

Frankly, due to the nature of macro economic cycle, we are going to have a global recession in 2020-2021 anyways, the COVID pandemic Is only making things from bad to worse. No country is safe, and everyone will be affected to some degree

Recession? It's already stated by IMF and most global banking industry that this is depression territory, and looking at new research coming out of Harvard, even with vaccine in 12-18 months, with way COVID-19 is spread, social distancing may have to last until 2022. (Ars Technica), if models show true with seasonal flareup.

So, I expect to see a major shift in anime production, with much if not most of spring and likely summer seasons being canceled outright. Fall will likely be scaled back considerably as well. This is shame because I am enjoying this show more than I thought I would Sad
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:49 am Reply with quote
No! Not the Doga Kobo one!

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
We should just assume everything is going to be pushed back a season at the earliest. Shows already planned for the summer will likely be pushed back to the fall.

Well, several summer anime have been confirmed to be delayed or cancelled (even some that weren't announced yet IIRC) so there are some open slots for the productions that were half done.
J0HN_L0CKE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:32 am Reply with quote
This was looking to be the best show of the season too. Hopefully it will finish at some point unfettered.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2