• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Escha Chron, Ane Log OVAs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Not familiar with these, but it's nice to see OVAs being picked up. Hopefully there's more to come.[/list]
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:38 pm Reply with quote
And suddenly Sentai is becoming the home for OVA's. I prefer them picking up new TV series, but anything they can license helps.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:08 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
And suddenly Sentai is becoming the home for OVA's. I prefer them picking up new TV series, but anything they can license helps.

kinda hard to compete when every other anime distributor has much more resources than Sentai and grab everything remotely popular.
Sentai these days pretty much get whatever is left that doesn't interest the other companies
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Hey Sentai, if you're looking for some obscure older, but not too old anime, how about Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de, or Fortune Arterial, or Dragon Crisis!, or Minami-ke, or Venus to Mamoru, or Okusama wa Maho Shojo, or Mitsudomoe, or, phew...out of breath.... Kyo no Gononi, or Macademi Wasshoi!...Come on, they all need a home....
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:35 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
kinda hard to compete when every other anime distributor has much more resources than Sentai and grab everything remotely popular.

Correction, you mean the Sony family (Aniplex, FUNimation and soon Crunchyroll).
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:18 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Sentai these days pretty much get whatever is left that doesn't interest the other companies
And all the older titles are covered by Discotek. It doesn't even look like they can get a hold of any hidden gems any more like Flip Flappers or Hakumei and Mikochi.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:52 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:

I mean they just got Vinland Saga, which is pretty damn huge, as well as Dororo.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:

I mean they just got Vinland Saga, which is pretty damn huge, as well as Dororo.
That was because of Amazon, if they hadn't been streamed on Prime Video, either Funimation or Netflix would have snatched them up straight away.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Will Sentai filmwmorks dub every OVA they licensed ?
Akemi Tachibana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Hey Sentai, if you're looking for some obscure older, but not too old anime, how about Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de, or Fortune Arterial, or Dragon Crisis!, or Minami-ke, or Venus to Mamoru, or Okusama wa Maho Shojo, or Mitsudomoe, or, phew...out of breath.... Kyo no Gononi, or Macademi Wasshoi!...Come on, they all need a home....

I second that, Mitsudomoe was great. The south park of anime, but actually funny. How that didn't get a license outside if Crunchyroll is beyond me, since it would fit the crude American comedy theme.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1