• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Record of Ragnarok Anime's New Trailer Previews Ending Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mavado

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:19 am Reply with quote
You guys are missing the biggest hype thing in the trailer. At 1:13 we have the smashing of the Guy Fawkes mask, which manga fans will remember as part of the fourth fight.

spoiler[Specifically, it was part of Jack the Rippers entrance, which means we're probably getting his fight with Heracles animated after all.]

As a side note. You guys are still just copying and pasting the info about the characters and voice actors without correcting the info. Tomoyo Kurosawa is voicing Göll, she is an actual valkyrie from Norse mythology. "Geir" is just a mistranslation based on how her named is spelled in Japanese. While the first teaser got it wrong, it was corrected when the first trailer came out (at about 1:10) and we even have the English dubbed trailer going with "Gol" now, no "Geir" in sight.
Charou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Still completely wary of the visuals and Netflix subs can suck a biggun but this insaaaaane cast and seasoned Naruto/Precure composer should fill the Back Arrow sized hole in the cheese I'm anticipating in a week or two.

Animation-wise I hope for S1 Golden Kamuy, would settle for Baki, expect Lord of Vermilion, but ammentally prepared for Way of the Housegods...

As a Fate tragic counting the days until Solomon, I kinda feel for OG shuumatsu no walkure fans getting this as their adaptation but we had the 2006 Deen adaptation, and the similarities are not vague: huge cast, great composer, epic source material. But I'd be lying if I said this interested me at all if not for the cast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1