• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Releases Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda Device in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:51 am Reply with quote
I skipped on buying the Mario Game & Watch but I might consider buying this one as Zelda is my favorite video game series and this has a lot more variety to offer at the same price. I also would love to own a newer physical copy of the original Zelda. I have the original Zelda on the NES from when I was a kid but I don't have a compatible TV for it and I have Switch Online to play it for free but I would like to have a newer permanent physical copy. Zelda II and Link's Awakening I already own on GBA and GBC but I'm glad to see they're included too. Link's Awakening is one of my favorite Zelda games.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:55 am Reply with quote
I kinda wish it included the Zelda game and watch but I understand why they didn't include it (with the whole two screens thing). This still seems really cool though, might end up getting it.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:22 am Reply with quote
It's not a proper Game & Watch, which worked by having different lights turn off and on. This is just a portable version of one of those plug and play devices, dressed as a Game & Watch.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:10 am Reply with quote
If this didn't have the green-tinted original GB Link's Awakening, I wouldn't be as interested as I am since I can play Zelda 1 and 2 on my GB Micro anytime.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Don't care for the Mario one but I'll probably buy this one for Link's Awakening alone. It'll be the first time I check out the original since the last two times I owned this for the Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance, it was the DX version.

Zelda 2 should be interesting since I never did go far with that game when I had that Gamecube collection disc.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:01 pm Reply with quote
The Super Mario Bros Game and watch was kinda neat, they got to be pretty cheap at one point and I ended up buying a bunch and gifting them. I'll get the Zelda one if anything just to give my coworkers something else to play with while in my office..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1