• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Titan's Bride Anime's English Dub Trailer Previews English Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Is it supposed to sound horrendous?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
It certainly seems like it with that song and the way the text is worded. Either that or the marketing department has zero self awareness.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Nodz wrote:
It certainly seems like it with that song and the way the text is worded. Either that or the marketing department has zero self awareness.

Well the "Biggest story in BL history" is obviously supposed to be a joke because of the whole premise, but in the Ascendant Animation Fujocon panel Kiba Walker stated that the dub is meant to be serious rather than a joke/cheesy dub since he said he wants to show that BL can be dubbed seriously (I'd argue it's already been done before though)
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I feel like they either recorded in separate rooms, maybe at home, and also the timing is off for one of them. Also it sounds like karaoke, like recording them in a room where the music is playing off the tv speakers behind them, maybe the mixing could be improved.

Maybe contact the ones who did the Actors Song Collection singing for how they got the magic. best eng dub anime singing ever.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:49 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Kiba Walker stated that the dub is meant to be serious rather than a joke/cheesy dub since he said he wants to show that BL can be dubbed seriously (I'd argue it's already been done before though)
Yes, wasn't that what David Wald wanted to do with shows like Love Live and Hitorijime My Hero.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1