• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket -prelude- Compilation Film Earns 33 Million Yen in 1st 2 Days

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:46 am Reply with quote
Is that decent ticket sales?
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:01 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Is that decent ticket sales?

For a compilation film? I would say yes. Not every compilation film will be like Madoka Magica or Detective Conan, those two broken some serious records.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Any idea when this movie (as well as a 3-season box set of the anime series) will be available on BD/DVD in the USA?

Well duh! moment. Realized the following (spoiler tags in case someone has not read the manga or watch the full series):

- The spoiler[footprints go backwards and forwards in time];
- Katsuya Honda's spoiler[footprints end first since he dies first];
- Kyoko Honda's spoiler[footprints go father than Kasuya's, but end where she dies];
- Tohru Honda's spoiler[footprints continue the edge of the pictures which indicates she is alive at the end of the movie];
- Tohru's spoiler[footprints grow larger than perspective requires, indicates that she is growing] (of course literally, and likely figuratively also).
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I mean to be fair, it's a compilation film that also includes major chapters that weren't adapted in the series and an original epilogue. I think those two things would drive ticket sales up as well.

Hopefully Funimation will bring it over at some point, either in theaters or direct to streaming
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:07 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Hopefully Funimation will bring it over at some point, either in theaters or direct to streaming

I wonder if the reason why the final season doesn't have a pending physical release yet is because Funimation intends to put -prelude- in the same release, since the collector's edition box only has room for one more Blu-ray case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1