• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Fafnir the Recluse, My Secret Affection, Pol

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:02 pm Reply with quote
super, super happy that they picked up polar bear's cafe manga! Loved the anime and now I'm really excited to read the manga!!!
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:28 pm Reply with quote
When I saw My Secret Affection my first thought was "Lol they turned A World Where Gay is the Norm and Straight a Minority into a manga" but turns out the manga was cancelled/the author ended it early due to a lot of super mysoginistic comments they made Confused

https://twitter.com/MelHayle/status/1524485370880036864?t=woRlmeMoIUvs5J5MBLcm2w&s=19

Edit:
Well, turns out Seven Seas is having a queer translator work on the series and they say that they enjoy it despite the author's comments so I guess the content probably isn't as bad as the author's opinions
https://twitter.com/usagiko/status/1524465878783299584?t=ybqXjTuBV7KvFfPWNy7xOg&s=19

Last edited by MagicPolly on Wed May 11, 2022 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Backstabbed in a Backwater Dungeon: My Party Tried to Kill Me, But Thanks to an Infinite Gacha I Got LVL 9999 Friends and Am Out For Revenge

Sadly, sounds like they made the plot summary into the title, still I am a sucker for revenge stories, so I will pick this up, despite how out there it sounds like.

Also, what happens when all your level 9999 friends decide they totally outclass you (like gods vs serfs) and you have nothing in common anymore.

Last edited by TarsTarkas on Wed May 11, 2022 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I never thought the Polar Bear's Cafe manga would be licensed. As someone who is a big fan of the anime, I'm so excited for this release.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I’ve asked for Polar Bear Cafe in a few of Seven Seas’ licensing surveys, so I’m quite happy about this news. Thank you so much, Seven Seas!
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Been waiting for Polar Bear's Cafe!!! Wish we could get the anime on Bluray, yet I understand the copyright stuff and all.
Flameshadowwolf

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap I never thought it would get localized but I’m pleased. It’s even the collectors edition
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be picking up Polar Bear's Cafe manga Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1