• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Laid-Back Camp Anime Gets English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I never expected to see this get dubbed! At this point it seems like they're trying to get to everything...

Also a few of the rising Funimation female stars in this. Morgan Laure doesn't use her cute voice often, so her as Nadeshiko should be interesting.
merr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:49 pm Reply with quote
This was announced yesterday. Can I ask why ANN waited a day to post about it? I know that sounds accusatory, but I’m really just curious. I’ve seen it happen a lot with these types of CR announcements while other news gets posted quicker. Are they sending out press releases late or something?
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Don't really care about that, but maybe we'll get a blue ray from that and that'd be swell.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, I wonder if this is why we haven't gotten announcement for the movie stateside yet. Def one of Crunchy's best titles, I'm glad they've finally gone back to dub it and presumably give it a disk release. Hope to see the same love from A Place Farther Than the Universe.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Am I hallucinating or is Laid-Back Camp actually getting a dub?! Holy cow!!!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to those who wanted an English dub for this show. I am more interested in this dub leading a long awaited BD release.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:11 pm Reply with quote
It's kind of interesting that Laid-Back-Camp is getting an English dub now, because Crunchyroll gave it a Neutral Spanish dub back in May and they aired it on Toonami alongside the dub for Keep Your Hands-Off Eizouken before adding them to their app. Probably the first time in which a CR Spanish dub was released before the English one.
I hope the English version turns out well. The Spanish version, despite having good performances, had a few mistakes, voice changes between episodes and Ryoko Toba was voiced by a male voice actor (they gave her a female voice actress in the second season, but still)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:46 pm Reply with quote
This is easily a top 5 "needs a dub" series for me. I am ecstatic it's finally getting a dub. I just hope they give it a quality one.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Redbeard 101 wrote:
This is easily a top 5 "needs a dub" series for me. I am ecstatic it's finally getting a dub. I just hope they give it a quality one.

Now hopefully Princess Connect Re:Dive and Further than the Universe get dubbed
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:56 am Reply with quote
I had given up hope on Laid Back Camp getting an English dub so this really surprised me and I'm so excited. This has been one of my favorite shows in recent years and I'm looking forward to revisiting it dubbed.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 am Reply with quote
Well, well. Like others have said about prior announcements, they are making a noticeable effort to dub older shows, and now it seems like just about anything might have a chance at a dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1