• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Announces Tactics Ogre: Reborn Remake Game for November 11 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Oooo wasn't interested before because of how awful the class/unit leveling system is, but it sounds like they're redesigning it, that sound promising.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Good times; interesting that they're even doing full voiceover for it. Wonder if they're planning anything more with the Ogre Battle Saga
chudmaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I'll never not find it funny how Final Fantasy seems to get the worst treatment from Square-Enix. Getting a modern day Tactics Ogre remaster/release on modern platforms before Final Fantasy Tactics was not something I expected. But then after Final Fantasy got those quesitonable Pixel Remasters for the main games while other franchises slike SaGa get a lot better remasters with addition content I suppose the horror of Square-Enix remasters only applies to Final Fantasy anymore. Now if they can give us a decent modern release of The Bouncer or Vagrant Story.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Still not sure if this is a new remake, or a remaster of the last remake. It certainly looks like the PSP game, upscaled.

chudmaru wrote:
I'll never not find it funny how Final Fantasy seems to get the worst treatment from Square-Enix. Getting a modern day Tactics Ogre remaster/release on modern platforms before Final Fantasy Tactics was not something I expected. But then after Final Fantasy got those quesitonable Pixel Remasters for the main games while other franchises slike SaGa get a lot better remasters with addition content I suppose the horror of Square-Enix remasters only applies to Final Fantasy anymore. Now if they can give us a decent modern release of The Bouncer or Vagrant Story.

The remakes of FFIII and FFIV were quite lovely, and I be,I've originally the plan was to remake FFV and FFVI (and, eventually, beyond) similarly but... something happens. SE Bein SE, something usually does.

But, yeah, while weird, it's also pretty nice. Front Mission, SaGa, and the Mana series are all getting treated well, which would've seemed like an impossible state of affairs 5 or 6 years ago.
Elknif Nrohnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Ogre Battle is a severely underrated series! It needs more love. I am glad to see this happening
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1