×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Release Schedule for Fall 2022 Anime Season


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SP654



Joined: 07 Apr 2020
Posts: 153
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Dammit they should’ve included Bleach too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GATSU



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 14784
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:20 pm Reply with quote
So, who has Urusei Yatsura?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Saeryen



Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Posts: 554
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Who is simulcasting Bibliophile Princess?

Also, you forgot to include Delicious Party Pretty Cure as a continuing simulcast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 5457
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Nothing too surprising...although there are some major shows that haven't been announced yet.

I'm guessing Sunrise will dub Witch From Mercury the same way they've been dubbing past Gundam shows. Not sure about Bocchi the Rock for Aniplex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
merr



Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Posts: 345
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they’re dropping the dub for Legend of the Galactic Heroes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
Team Gurren



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 9015
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:41 pm Reply with quote
They still have at least 8 show slots left, so more announcements are on the way at some point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Silver Kirin



Joined: 09 Aug 2018
Posts: 784
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Interestingly, this will be the first time a Berserk work gets dubbed into Neutral Spanish, many Latin American fans are excited to know who will voice Guts.
On the other hand, My Hero Academia's Neutral Spanish dub remains controversial, unlike the rest of the dubs that got announced, all the comments were lamenting the fact that CR is still working with the same studio that Funimation chose. I cannot blame CR for keeping the same cast just for consistency, but honestly the MHA LatAm dub sticks out like a sore thumb compared to other dubs, because it's recorded primarily in Miami, with some voices from other countries, while the rest of the anime dubs produced by CR are recorded in Mexico City and Cuernavaca. And it seems that CR is aware of its reputation, because they barely make any mentions of the MHA LatAm dub on their social media platforms, unlike other series like Demon Slayer, whose Spanish dub got plenty of mentions.

GATSU wrote:
So, who has Urusei Yatsura?

I heard some rumors that it'll probably end up on Netflix or HDive, personally I'd prefer if it ends up on Netflix because at least that means it'll get dubbed in various languages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryuji-Dono



Joined: 26 Apr 2018
Posts: 975
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
Interestingly, this will be the first time a Berserk work gets dubbed into Neutral Spanish, many Latin American fans are excited to know who will voice Guts.
On the other hand, My Hero Academia's Neutral Spanish dub remains controversial, unlike the rest of the dubs that got announced, all the comments were lamenting the fact that CR is still working with the same studio that Funimation chose. I cannot blame CR for keeping the same cast just for consistency, but honestly the MHA LatAm dub sticks out like a sore thumb compared to other dubs, because it's recorded primarily in Miami, with some voices from other countries, while the rest of the anime dubs produced by CR are recorded in Mexico City and Cuernavaca. And it seems that CR is aware of its reputation, because they barely make any mentions of the MHA LatAm dub on their social media platforms, unlike other series like Demon Slayer, whose Spanish dub got plenty of mentions.

GATSU wrote:
So, who has Urusei Yatsura?

I heard some rumors that it'll probably end up on Netflix or HDive, personally I'd prefer if it ends up on Netflix because at least that means it'll get dubbed in various languages.


Given that it wasn't seen in HDive, it could be more likely to come up on Netflix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryuji-Dono



Joined: 26 Apr 2018
Posts: 975
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:55 pm Reply with quote
My guess on the remaining picks:

Golden Kamuy S4, The Daily Life of the Immortal King Season 3, KanColle Itsuka Ano Umi de, Yowamushi Pedal Limit Break, Akiba Maid War, Futoku no Guild, More Than a Married Couple, Less than Lovers and Eternal Boys.

Which could mean the remaining Fall 2022 shows (Bleach, Urusei, Bibliophile Princess, Reiwa no Di Gi Charat, The Little Lies We All Tell, Play It Cool Guys and Umayuru) may end up on Youtube, Tubi TV, Netflix or even Disney+
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ab2143



Joined: 09 Jan 2021
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I just want to know who will be getting AOTY that is Pui Pui Molcar: driving school. Doubt it will be Netflix as Muse Asia? Have already licensed it for their region
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryuji-Dono



Joined: 26 Apr 2018
Posts: 975
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:22 pm Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:
I just want to know who will be getting AOTY that is Pui Pui Molcar: driving school. Doubt it will be Netflix as Muse Asia? Have already licensed it for their region


Most likely still Netflix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MagicPolly



Joined: 26 Nov 2020
Posts: 1158
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:37 pm Reply with quote
That really sucks if they're gonna drop the dub of LOGH DNT, that was the reason I was able to watch it. If they don't dub season 4 I'm not sure if I even want to bother watching season 3.

The site says dub languages are subject to change so I'm holding out a small bit of hope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sevokevo Royuki



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 205
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:38 pm Reply with quote
SP654 wrote:
Dammit they should’ve included Bleach too!


It was announced that Disney Plus got it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ryuji-Dono



Joined: 26 Apr 2018
Posts: 975
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
SP654 wrote:
Dammit they should’ve included Bleach too!


It was announced that Disney Plus got it


Outside Japan you say?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sevokevo Royuki



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 205
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
SP654 wrote:
Dammit they should’ve included Bleach too!


It was announced that Disney Plus got it


Outside Japan you say?


I can not confirm if it was outside Japan or not. I just know it’s was on Disney Plus that’s all. So maybe. Can’t confirm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group