• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Reincarnated as a Sword (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:07 am Reply with quote

Reincarnated as a Sword (TV)

Genres: action, fantasy
Themes: isekai, reincarnation

Plot Summary: Reincarnated as a sentient weapon with memories of his past life, but not his name, a magical sword saves a young beastgirl from a life of slavery. Fran, the cat-eared girl, becomes his wielder, and wants only to grow stronger, while the sword wants to know why he is here.

October 5, 2022 (Wednesdays; HIDIVE)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (season finale)

To be honest, I actually pretty enjoyed this this show. I thought that the whole sword thing would be too much of just a gimmick, but in turn I think that it worked best in not making the reincarnated character the real central one with goals, but the native character, Fran. Fran was actually a pretty entertaining character, from sympathetic wanting to be more than the world had for her, to be a weirdo in her own aspects what made her interested.

Almost forgot that we never got a name for the sword, other than just calling him Master. And I would say that he did sit in a sweet spot outside of just being too much of a parent, and no creep factor at all despite being presumably a guy looking after a young girl. You know the sorts of series that would pull something. Still, I won't say that it was all perfect, common for such characters moved into an anime when from a source that seemed to like a lot of its mechanics. I would say that having a lot on him made it easier for Fran to be her way.

I liked it despite some its flaws, probably because its charm shone through. And I would be interested in its hinted at second season, if it keeps that charm.

My rating will be Good (7/10), worth seeing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1