• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, September 18-24 [2023-09-30]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:18 am Reply with quote
I got the Pikmin 1/2 retail version, now the collection is complete again. Lies of P is also a really nice game.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:10 am Reply with quote
It's incredible to see that the only game that could overthrow Pikmin was another Pikmin. Seeing how its popularity has increased in Japan makes me think the series can be considered among Nintendo's most popular, which is funny considering the series has
it has had in Japan I think Pikmin can already be considered among Nintendo's most popular series, which is interesting considereing that, at least in the West, Pikmin is sometimes seen as a weird Miyamoto pet project that takes aways resources from more "deserving" games like a new F-Zero or Star Fox. I guess some Nintendo fans are still confused as why some games like Metroid or Advance Wars can't be as successful as Pikmin or Animal Crossing.
Seeing the Top 30 best-selling games of the week in Japan just shows how successful the Switch still is despite being on the market for almost 7 years, there is just one PS5 game on the list and two PS4 games. At least the PS5 hardware sales are much healthier and the console has managed to sell over 4 million units there. People are now more anxious for Nintendo to announce the Switch's successor, I think there's a possibility it's going to be announced before the year ends
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:02 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy my little Pikmin series is getting a chance to shine! I hope we don't have to wait long for Pikmin 5 on the Super Switch.
onpufan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:59 am Reply with quote
Maybe it's just me but while Pikmin 1+2 might be #1 it only sold 23,941 copies, which doesn't seme like a lot. And I doubt it's going to have the legs Pikmin 4 has and won't be reaching those total numbers in the end. I think it's more of a case of it just being a slow release week.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
It's incredible to see that the only game that could overthrow Pikmin was another Pikmin.

This is absolutely disgusting that you, Silver Kirin, who has a history of showing that they follow the weekly Japanese sales, would intentionally lie that the ONLY game to overthrow Pikman 4 was another Pikman title when that is factually and historically incorrect due to the fact that in both Media Create and Famitsu charts, Armored Core VI (both versions separately and combined) overthrew Pikman 4 in its launch week as evidenced in the very link.

The fact that I gave correct information correcting you and my post was removed while your incorrect statement remained is telling on what's going on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1