• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Music Composer Yūya Saitо̄ Arrested for Voyeurism

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Bruh.. that's disgusting
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Another one of these, I see. There really needs to be some initiative to reduce the work hours (composers as we know from the last cases have terrible hours, which is leading to the stress aspect), and increase the sentencing for such actions (the sentencing is a bit light, which is the other half of the issue), as it's getting out of hand.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Uh, OK. That's not what I expected to see on ANN, but expect this guy's career to go down the drain due to this arrest and I assume he'll be found guilty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:51 pm Reply with quote
If voyeurism is your way of relieving stress you need serious help.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:55 pm Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
If voyeurism is your way of relieving stress you need serious help.

Especially since it's a series targeted towards children.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:17 pm Reply with quote
How the heck do these guys think they can successfully get away with it?
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:21 pm Reply with quote
He admitted it. Ain't no way around this. Could have just watched h-anime instead. There's no consequence involved in that.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I remember once catching a guy at the KFC in Ikebukuro on Sunshine Street taking either pics or video from behind of a lady lined up at the register. I glared at him and he sheepishly put his camera away. I probably should have said something, but it was my first trip to Japan and I was more incredulous that something like that was actually happening.
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
He admitted it. Ain't no way around this. Could have just watched h-anime instead. There's no consequence involved in that.

He was caught in the act, so he's almost definitely guilty, but I suppose it's good to remind people that Japanese police are also infamous for torturous interrogations that force generic confessions out of innocent people, so I do think it's reasonable to be suspicious of confessions alone.

Also good to remind people that prison in Japan is also infamously torturous, and lenient punishments that reward good behavior tend to be more rehabilitating than long retributive sentences, hence one factor that contributes to low recitivism rates in Japan.

Still, I think he needs a change in career and to stay the heck away from children. Or maybe just women in general. I sure wouldn't feel comfortably in a dress around a guy like that, ever.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:05 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Saitо admitted to the crime in an interrogation, stating that he was doing this to "relieve stress."

Dude, if you wanted to relieve stress, there are other way to do that. But peeping and doing voyeurism isn't one of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Another one of these, I see. There really needs to be some initiative to reduce the work hours (composers as we know from the last cases have terrible hours, which is leading to the stress aspect), and increase the sentencing for such actions (the sentencing is a bit light, which is the other half of the issue), as it's getting out of hand.

Y'all gotta stop using "stress/overwork" as a reason for committing crimes. I've seen this in threads on other cases like this and it's ridiculous. Millions of people experience workplace stress and don't go taking upskirt photos of young girls. This is not a stress factor, this is a sexual predator factor.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:33 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Because they do? Yeah, they might get caught eventually, and might get their name dragged through the mud for a bit. But the actual legal repercussions are light, and if they're popular enough, their work is liked enough, folks will turn the other way, say the law handled it, and this person will go on to make all sorts of other things, earning royalties on their work being reused again and again. There's hardly even any incentive not to do it again given how little backlash they ultimately receive for getting caught, to say nothing of how many times they'd done it before actually getting caught this time.
That Little Rapscallion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:09 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Because they can. Back in my high school days (mid to late 2000s) the guys at school would used those digital camera to upskirt girls in class and around school and maybe one or two got caught the entire 4 years I went there. I don't know how you get caught with modern technology being so small and easy to stealth around compared to what I've seen in the past, but I imagine for every 1 person that gets caught 10-20 more don't.
Allison Addams

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:50 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

.....wtf that's not it at all. Plenty of people have jobs that stress them out, but don't resort to acting like a sexual predator to cope.

This scum is just a pedo and sexual predator. Nothing more, nothing less.
Meexa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:19 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Because people like Jeffrey Epstein and people in power always get away with it for years, and even when it comes time to catch them, PLOT TWIST, somehow evidence is gone.

JPN (and the world) needs a better policing system, and a way of turning degenerates/bad-people of society into good people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2