• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Man Who Defies the World of BL Manga's New Live-Action Show Reveals Teaser, More Cast, Late

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:07 am Reply with quote
A.k.a. "How many former Super Sentai/Kamen Rider actors can we fit into one show".
In the first image alone we have (from left to right):
    (Yuya Tominaga) Sonoi From Avataro Sentai Donbrothers
    (Ryō Sekoguchi) Stacey/Stacaesar from Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger
    (Yūtarō) played a one-off character named Hitoshi Maezono in a single episode of Kamen Rider Revice
    (Atsuhiro Inukai) Sento Kiryū/Kamen Rider Build from Kamen Rider Build
    (Akihisa Shiono) Sōji Rippūkan/Kyoryu Green in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
    (Asahi Ito) Kairi Yano/LupinRed
    (Hayate Wada) member of the band Da-iCE, which sang Kamen Rider Revice's OP, "liveDevil"

IIRC the cast also includes LupinBlue, Horobi from KR Zero-One, and even Ryūga from Garo.
Yes, the Toku to BL pipeline is alive and well.
Ming Yi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:48 pm Reply with quote
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels wrote:
A.k.a. "How many former Super Sentai/Kamen Rider actors can we fit into one show".
In the first image alone we have (from left to right):
    (Yuya Tominaga) Sonoi From Avataro Sentai Donbrothers
    (Ryō Sekoguchi) Stacey/Stacaesar from Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger
    (Yūtarō) played a one-off character named Hitoshi Maezono in a single episode of Kamen Rider Revice
    (Atsuhiro Inukai) Sento Kiryū/Kamen Rider Build from Kamen Rider Build
    (Akihisa Shiono) Sōji Rippūkan/Kyoryu Green in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
    (Asahi Ito) Kairi Yano/LupinRed
    (Hayate Wada) member of the band Da-iCE, which sang Kamen Rider Revice's OP, "liveDevil"

IIRC the cast also includes LupinBlue, Horobi from KR Zero-One, and even Ryūga from Garo.
Yes, the Toku to BL pipeline is alive and well.

I'm questioning if this is a joke post, but if not, this really isn't anything new. A lot of young actors in Japan get their first breakout role through Super Sentai and Kamen Rider and usually turn to BL productions if they have trouble getting cast in mainstream dramas.
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Ming Yi wrote:
I'm questioning if this is a joke post, but if not, this really isn't anything new. A lot of young actors in Japan get their first breakout role through Super Sentai and Kamen Rider and usually turn to BL productions if they have trouble getting cast in mainstream dramas.

I was just pointing out how the well established phenomenon of the Toku to BL pipeline is continuing strong (which I assumed many ANN readers wouldn't be aware of), with this particular instance being notable for the sheer number of toku actors in one show. It's comparable to the 2007 version of the live-action Hana-Kimi adaptation (although the stats on that one are a bit muddled by a number of them were future toku actors at the time, in addition to the former toku actors).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1