• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your OWN manga

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoraSin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I wondered if anyone here has ever thought or is in the proccess of creating their own manga. If so Here you can tell what your manga is about list your characters, character bios, of course the story of the manga, and even if you want pics you have drawn so we can depict what your character's appearance is (You can describe them too if you want.) Well basically that's what this thread is about.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
SoraSin wrote:
I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I wondered if anyone here has ever thought or is in the proccess of creating their own manga. If so Here you can tell what your manga is about list your characters, character bios, of course the story of the manga, and even if you want pics you have drawn so we can depict what your character's appearance is (You can describe them too if you want.) Well basically that's what this thread is about.

What about you? It's considered good manners that the person who makes the thread offers up their own ideas in these kind of threads first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SoraSin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
What about you? It's considered good manners that the person who makes the thread offers up their own ideas in these kind of threads first.

Of course why not? Umm...just to say ahead of time I don't know how to post pics so I can't show images.

Manga that I'm creating is called Gaijin Aisuru romance, comedy, and action.

::Story::

The world of Haven is a second-earth for those who failed in life and are destined to hell. Here they can redeem theirselves by living a new life. Serena, A girl born to destroy humans for good with the power of life and death escapes Haven after being on the verge of death herself, surrendering her powers to save her life she lands on earth where she meets a boy who can channel and harnest her powers. Her idea to use this boy Mikaru Takimaru as a puppet was brilliant in her eyes, but falling in love with the boy you want to manipulate and use to destroy humanity is a big mistake.
Especially when that boy finds out that your a witch from a different world.

::Main Characters::

Ai Tsukare a.k.a Serena- A witch born to destroy humanity. Escapes from the world of Haven after being hunted by these creatures called Lost Souls(failed and corrupted creatures) sacrificing her powers to live. She appears on earth stripped of her abilities and is awken by a boy named Mikaru Takimaru, with a first kiss Ai powers start growing inside of Mikaru. just because Ai can't use her powers that doesn't mean she can't trick this boy into using them for her.

Mikaru Takimaru- A 17 year old high school student who lives alone with his mother. He dates a very snobby and short-tempered girl named Hitomi Ki to hide his lonleness. His life changes when he finds Ai lying unconcious in the middle of no where. Sure he takes her in, but like a dog she keeps coming back. With a kiss weird things starts happening to his body and he can't control it. Soon he is forced to journey with Ai so he can get rid of her bothersome powers.

Suko Makai- A junior high student is teased because he always carries a cat-like doll named Piko Piko Puko. One night he dreams of a girl granting his doll the power to communicate with him. Suko awakes and Piko Piko Puko actually starts talking to him. Everyone thinks he's insane because Suko is the only one that hears it. He then runs away searching for this girl, so she can make his life much more better.

Nijin Kimi a.k.a Sora Kimimoto[i]- A very disturbed teen who never really talks. As a child he was a samurai, but do to hard ships he quit. Nijin is a rich kid but hates it. All the girls chase after him just because he's rich, but the only girl he desires is Mikaru's girlfriend, Hitomi Ki. Nijin completely dislikes Mikaru like fire hates water, but will do anything to help him. If Hitomi is put in danger.

[i]Suan-Kuun
- Suan-Kuun is a two-tailed fox that died long ago trying to protect Serena. He may be small but is very useful. He can't talk because he's an animal, but he does communicate with Mikaru through his mind with the ghost spirits that follow him. Why Mikaru because Mikaru becomes possessed permantly by Suan-Kuun. Since Suan-Kuun was reborned he dedicated his second-life to Serena once again.

Piko Piko Puko- Piko Piko Puko or just Puko is a stuffed cat doll that talks to Suko and can change Suko into half cat and half human. Puko can also change form and size imagine how useful he is now. He never leaves Suko's side because he can't and won't. There is something weird about Puko but I'm no spoiler.

::Side Characters::

Fate- (Not really a side character but she is important, I really don't consider her as much of a main character as the ones listed above.) Fate is the Keeper of the world of Haven. She had it created to preserve humanity she can see the past, the furture, and everyone's fate. Her plan to preserve humanity was destroyed when Serena was born. Since Serena can control who lives and who dies. serena can actually change fate. In Fate's eyes that's not acceptible so a little plan to get rid of Serena was in hand.

That's pretty much it for the character bios maybe some more bios later.
Sasukeden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I've been giving it serious thought for the past few years. I developed a story, characters, and some designs. Then I started working full time and it all went out the window. I'd still really like to do it someday, but I'd really rather not blurt out all my ideas here before I even have a chance to make it.

But the basic premise is a guy trying to figure out his past. But what he doesn't know is the entire existance of his world may depend on what he did and what he's going to do. So someday, hopefuly, maybe, possibly I'll actually get around to making it.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually not interested in the manga business, but I do have something to contribute:

There's not much of a story (I'm working on that), but I have a few characters: Tsubasa and Sora being the main characters. I was going to place them in some sort of slice-of-life/coming-of-age story, where the twin brother and sister would be around age five. (Normally, they're seventeen...or nineteen?) Tsubasa's personality changes a lot...I wouldn't know how to describe her. Maybe like Bleach's Rukia, but a little more mature? Sora's personality could be compared to somewhat of a mix between Tatsu of Peacemaker (motherly older brother) and Shinogu of Hot Gimmick (protective big bro).

There are at least eight other characters, but I feel a little embarrassed explaining their purposes. Half of them play major roles, two of them in the past as they are already dead. Anyway, Tsubasa and Sora have psychic powers and all that spiritual junk. That's not the focus of the story anyway. It takes place in a modern alternate universe, if you will.

Ugh, probably no one but myself would like it. All I really do is draw the characters, that's why there's no real built story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tis Grief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, lots of times. Back in high school I even did six issues of a comic (drawn and written); but I've fallen away from the drawing stages these days. I like to tell stories, and writing is the easiest way to do that.

That particular comic was called MSC:First Fantasy, and starred Grief and Aoi Kaji Hobusek (brothers), and their friend V Gozinchofski, who are transported to the fantasy world of their dreams. Once they're there, however, they find out that it isn't quite the heaven they thought it would be.
It's basic concept is quite over done - people get pulled into a fantasy world, but it was the details that were key. Things that we always overlook in mangas or animes or video games that people would have to deal with.

What do these people do all day when they're walking between towns? It takes days to travel cross country on foot, and they'd no doubt need to be carrying supplies. Can't be fun y'know. Just how do three kids from Earth - where you generally don't have to walk more than ten feet - deal with that? And what about eating? They aren't hunters, they dont' know how to catch and skin a rabbit. Going to the bathroom? Dealing with people from another world?

There would be a quest, and action of course - I likes mah fight scenes. And that would actually be another thing they would have to deal with. Kids from Earth would be soft. They wouldn't know how to use a sword or fight a battle or kill a monster. What about killing overall? In a more primative world, it's considered acceptable to kill someone, but could these guys?

It would be alot more intellectual than most fantasy stories.

I've got about a dozen other ideas, but since I'm considering actually writing them, I doubt I'll post them here...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fayers_07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote
i have thought about it but i started w/ the story first without the drawings yet. but i always end up after finishing chapter one.

now im stuck w/ 12 stories that are all in chapter one. need to get my procrastinating butt up to work. im such a slacker...
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quote
I'm working my way up the "manga" ladderpersonally by first investing time in creating a webcomic. I've had an idea kicking around in my head for about 3 years and I think it's ready to be distributed, I just need to find an artist who'd be willing and dedicated enough to work with me. The last person who said that she was going to be my artist decided taht being a summer camp counselor was going to be too much work for her to draw me 1 comic a week.

And there is no way I'm going to write any of my ideas here.
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
I'm working my way up the "manga" ladderpersonally by first investing time in creating a webcomic. I've had an idea kicking around in my head for about 3 years and I think it's ready to be distributed, I just need to find an artist who'd be willing and dedicated enough to work with me. The last person who said that she was going to be my artist decided taht being a summer camp counselor was going to be too much work for her to draw me 1 comic a week.

And there is no way I'm going to write any of my ideas here.

The thing is, though, that artists have their own ideas, so unless they're totally blown away by someone else's story, or want to work with a writer of exceptional talent, they're going to prioritize their own stories. So, basically, if you're not willing to even share your thoughts, I doubt any artist is going to jump at the chance to work with you before pursuing their own interests.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Ahem, I mean that there is no way I'm going to share my ideas, in this thread. I'm willing to tell people about my ideas face to face if they so want, or if they want to chat online and if I feel like I can trust them, then I'll tell them my idea. I just don't feel like displaying my idea online for all to see.
Kyuriko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I've wanted to draw manga ever since I read Rurouni Kenshin by Watsuki Nobuhiro, and it's a series I've been working on for about four years now. It's also because of him that I've become interested in the Shinsengumi, and naturally, that's what I decided to write about. The setting is somewhat like that of Samurai 7 or Gintama - a modern day retelling of a samurai tale, in an alternate universe. It's not meant to be a serious story, and that's why I used the tournament theme because I wanted to write a fun, comedy, shounen manga.

SAMURAI EAST (サムライEAST)
In the year of 1993, trouble stirs within the city of Kyoto, Japan. War rages in the streets. Swords can be heard at night and blood is discovered the next morning. The emperor of Japan has finally had enough of the Bakufu and feels that he is unfit to rule the country, but rather than relieving him of his position, he offers him a bet – if the Bakufu can gather a kendo team to challenge the emperor’s team in the All Japan Kendo Tournament, then Japan is his for the taking!

Meanwhile, recovering from the “Black Ships” incident is the city of Edo that would one day become the capital of the Japanese nation. It is here that the Bakufu finds his team of wannabe samurai who reside within the ordinary all-boys’ dormitory school of Shieikan Academy. Though their individual skills are impressive, their cooperation with one another is not. But they’re going to have to pull themselves together if they’re going to fight for what they believe in, because this year’s kendo tournament is war!

The Cast (キャラクタ)
SUZUKI MIKISABUROH - A genius yet idiotic and boisterous ten year old, he has a short temper and he seems to have bad luck. Naturally, he acts like a child most of the time and irritates his superiors, but he adores his older brother, the captain and strategist of the school's kendo team.

HARADA SANOSUKE - Sanosuke is a very popular student, but he tends to be lazy and would rather fight and read hentai manga than study. He's never surprised to see his name near the bottom of the test score lists and there seems to be little he cares about. Though skilled in the art of naginata, he's pretty much useless if you hand him a regular katana.

TODOH HEISUKE - Heisuke dislikes kids, especially Suzuki and never misses an opportunity to make Suzuki's life miserable or to get on his nerves. He's sarcastic and anti-social, but his origins are unknown even to the only two people he considers his friends, Sanosuke and Shinpachi.

NAGAKURA SHINPACHI - Shinpachi is a nerd, but an adorable one. He would get along with Suzuki if Suzuki didn't act like such a brat most of the time. Shinpachi tends to be like a little kid, so it's a shock when he's serious. He's an excellent analyst but he spends too much time on the computer.

That's it for the main characters, and I might post pictures later.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I think I posted this somewhere else on the forum. Oh well. Here's mine: Pinnacle.

It's a story that follows Soan, the runaway princess of a small antiquated mountain country. As she attempts to avoid capture from those that want to sell her back to her people, use her influence for power, ect., she meets others who befriend her and want to help her with her decision to run away from her responsibilities. However, they also realize that Soan must ultimately return to her people. Later Soan's country is taken over by the prince of another nation, Reska, who takes his responsibilities very seriously and condemns Soan for running away from her's. He attempts to capture Soan in order to buy her country's obedience, but the two fight vehemently, and later end up falling in love and trying to remedy their differences..

Character designs are here (in full color too Anime hyper ):
http://www.deviantart.com/view/36570527/
xFullMoonMitsukix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
SoraSin wrote:
Quote:

Of course why not? Umm...just to say ahead of time I don't know how to post pics so I can't show images.

The world of Haven is a second-earth for those who failed in life and are destined to hell. Here they can redeem theirselves by living a new life. Serena, A girl born to destroy humans for good with the power of life and death escapes Haven after being on the verge of death herself, surrendering her powers to save her life she lands on earth where she meets a boy who can channel and harnest her powers. Her idea to use this boy Mikaru Takimaru as a puppet was brilliant in her eyes, but falling in love with the boy you want to manipulate and use to destroy humanity is a big mistake.

Ai Tsukare a.k.a Serena- A witch born to destroy humanity. Escapes from the world of Haven after being hunted by these creatures called Lost Souls(failed and corrupted creatures) sacrificing her powers to live. She appears on earth stripped of her abilities and is awken by a boy named Mikaru Takimaru, with a first kiss Ai powers start growing inside of Mikaru. just because Ai can't use her powers that doesn't mean she can't trick this boy into using them for her.

Mikaru Takimaru- A 17 year old high school student who lives alone with his mother. He dates a very snobby and short-tempered girl named Hitomi Ki to hide his lonleness. His life changes when he finds Ai lying unconcious in the middle of no where. Sure he takes her in, but like a dog she keeps coming back. With a kiss weird things starts happening to his body and he can't control it. Soon he is forced to journey with Ai so he can get rid of her bothersome powers.

Suko Makai- A junior high student is teased because he always carries a cat-like doll named Piko Piko Puko. One night he dreams of a girl granting his doll the power to communicate with him. Suko awakes and Piko Piko Puko actually starts talking to him. Everyone thinks he's insane because Suko is the only one that hears it. He then runs away searching for this girl, so she can make his life much more better.

Nijin Kimi a.k.a Sora Kimimoto[i]- A very disturbed teen who never really talks. As a child he was a samurai, but do to hard ships he quit. Nijin is a rich kid but hates it. All the girls chase after him just because he's rich, but the only girl he desires is Mikaru's girlfriend, Hitomi Ki. Nijin completely dislikes Mikaru like fire hates water, but will do anything to help him. If Hitomi is put in danger.

[i]Suan-Kuun
- Suan-Kuun is a two-tailed fox that died long ago trying to protect Serena. He may be small but is very useful. He can't talk because he's an animal, but he does communicate with Mikaru through his mind with the ghost spirits that follow him. Why Mikaru because Mikaru becomes possessed permantly by Suan-Kuun. Since Suan-Kuun was reborned he dedicated his second-life to Serena once again.

Piko Piko Puko- Piko Piko Puko or just Puko is a stuffed cat doll that talks to Suko and can change Suko into half cat and half human. Puko can also change form and size imagine how useful he is now. He never leaves Suko's side because he can't and won't. There is something weird about Puko but I'm no spoiler.

Fate- (Not really a side character but she is important, I really don't consider her as much of a main character as the ones listed above.) Fate is the Keeper of the world of Haven. She had it created to preserve humanity she can see the past, the furture, and everyone's fate. Her plan to preserve humanity was destroyed when Serena was born. Since Serena can control who lives and who dies. serena can actually change fate. In Fate's eyes that's not acceptible so a little plan to get rid of Serena was in hand.

That sounds like an awesome anime. I'd definitely buy it.
Gashole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:52 pm Reply with quote
You know, my characters look really awesome in my head, but they always look a bit screwy and shapeless every time I put them on my paper.
SoraSin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote
xFullMoonMitsukix wrote:
SoraSin wrote:
Quote:

[i]Suan-Kuun

That sounds like an awesome anime. I'd definitely buy it.

Thanks I'm working really hard to try to finish the first Volume by the end of summer 2006. However, I still need to edit, translate, scan, tone, etc. Then it will be complete.

Also Outlawwolf. Don't worry I won't force you to tell. Just good luck. I hope I'll be able to see it when your finish though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 22