• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MAJOR MAJOR Naruto news!!!! (viz version)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Starting in September-December...Viz will release 3 volumes of Naruto per month meaning they'll get to volume 28 by the end of the year...which is the time-skip!!

Look it up on amazon or Simon & Schuster, it's true![/b]
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow... that's a lot of Naruto. I think it's great news for those buying Viz's version but it seems like it's too much a month. Three volumes? It's going to be a hard wait when they catch up with the Japanese releases.
Manji13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is great news!!!! I hated waiting 3 months for a new volume. It seems up until September they will be releasing them one every two months!!!
Asako

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool! Maybe then they'll speet up the uncut versions! Very Happy One can only hope

Doh I'm so dumb... I thought you meant the anime... not the manga Anime hyper My bad
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Jeez. That's a lot of volumes a month. I am glad I will finally not be that far behind in the story line as I only read the manga. Exciting news.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that they're not sacrificing quality for quantity. They may be putting out 3 volumes a month (which is a staggering amount of manga), but if the quality of the translation or anything else goes down, then it's somewhat of a waste.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Rolling Eyes Confused Very Happy

I'm a little skeptical, but as long as the quality of the translation does not go down... I'm all for this. Before I read ahead in scanlations, and had to wait like 4 months for every new volume, I fervently hoped something like this would happen. I think 1 volume a month would be more workable, but in any case... I really hope this isn't a joke.
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I dunno....Right Stuf only has up to Vol. 15 out by September (9/4, to be exact), although Viz's own website has it listed as being out in July. I would think if they were really going to accelerate their release schedule this much, there'd be a press reelase about it.

But yeah, 3 volumes a month is ridiculous. Upping it to one a month I could see, but THREE? Craziness....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I was expected them to take it out of SJ and up the release schedule eventually, but that's just ridiculous. I don't care how popular it is, they can't expect people (especially casual fans) to keep up with that rate. Amazon is probably the least trustworthy source for release dates, so I'd wait until a more reliable announcement is made.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Well vol 14 is coming out in May just 2 months after 13 and 15 is coming out in July 2 months after 14. I hope this is true because that would be awsome, the manga would go back to being ahead of the anime too. Does this mean it is being taken out of Shonen Jump Magazine though or are they just adding more chapters since I am thinking by this time YGO will be over with. Does anyone else think that maybe they are doing this to get the Shippuden Story out there so people know what it is and won't be turned off if they show the filler on TV? Viz is probably doing this because Naruto is so popular but just a thought. Now if Viz realesed 3 One Piece volumes a month I'd be set.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I think that's exactly why they're doing this. They want the time-skip chapters in the magazine so they can have an edge over the anime (?)...as in still giving Naruto fans a reason to buy the magazine instead of just watching the anime.

Simon & Schuster website:
Click here..sorted by publication date.

I just wish they would do this for Bleach...but if any manga really deserves this it would have to be One Piece.
I'm still kinda shocked. I don't really know what to think. If it weren't Naruto..and if it weren't leading exactly to the time-skip, I wouldn't believe this.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Assuming this is true (I'm skeptical until I hear it from a more reliable source), that is absolutely insane. I could see one a month, since they did that with Rurouni Kenshin, but 3 per month? I find that hard to believe. I certainly want them to speed things up since the last GN we got came out in Japan back in '02 and the gab is only growing with the current release rate, but 3 a month is ridiculous.

As for Bleach, it doesn't need such a release. It's not that far behind the Japanese release and its getting a bi-monthly release, which is quicker than the Japanese release. I believe #28 just came out in Japan, and we should be getting that volume in about 20 months. And Adult Swim will never catch up to the Viz manga unless they go into filler hell for two years like Naruto.

But One Piece, yeah, that series could really use a monthly (at least) release rate. As it stands, we'll still be getting new volumes 20 years from now.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
It makes sense to do this too since if the anime gets too far ahead of the manga then it could drop sales. Thats why I think Viz took DBZ out of Shonen Jump since we all knew the end and if it was still in Jump it would still be running now. It would really make sense to do this or give One Piece a faster release considering how far the anime is. As for Bleach I hope the manga stays ahead here. Maybe Viz should realese Bleach for 3 months with 3 vol per month just until they catch up to the Japanese realese.
zeno99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quote
I'm very sorry but I don't buy this at all. Why the hell would Viz release Naruto at 3 volumes per month? I think someone messed up when someone posted those release dates or were misinformed.

And if this is true, I set aside a limited amount of money each month for manga. As much as I love Naruto, there are other titles I'll want to read.
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote
As much as I'd love to see this, I don't believe it for a second... I've never seen anything like this done, and I find it hard to believe the target market would support it. If they want to speed it up, I could see them going bi-monthly, or maybe monthly... but three a month? No. Just, no.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4