Forum - View topic
The Click - April 21st - April 27th


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
daedelus
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 743
Location: Texas City, TX (ajd: 6/11/05)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quote
Yay! Eureka Seven's "Shout to the Top" gets the pick of the week! I whole-heartedly agree.

Oh, I just loved the end of the episode. Next Saturday can't come fast enough Anime smile + sweatdrop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rocklobster



Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Posts: 200
Location: Planet Claire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote
So, Itaden Jump is a toy-inspired anime, like Zoids? Hm, maybe I shouldn't be unhappy I don't check it out.
Anyway, Naruto's ep this week was pretty good. I can't wait to see Sasuke and Itachi fight next week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zcat68



Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 17
Location: RI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
Is there such a thing as offensive editing? Cause if there is, that's the best way to describe last night's One Piece, that was terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richard J.



Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Posts: 3367
Location: Sic Semper Tyrannis.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
zcat68 wrote:
Is there such a thing as offensive editing?
The better question is "is there such a thing as inoffensive editing?" All editing bothers me personally.

To make the time go by faster between Naruto and Mar, I kept the TV on but muted and did my own dialogue through some of the scenes. (I cracked my sister up by acting out Vivi's desperate denials that her's is the worst voice in dub.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
daedelus
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 743
Location: Texas City, TX (ajd: 6/11/05)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Anyway, Naruto's ep this week was pretty good. I can't wait to see Sasuke and Itachi fight next week.



Well, if the ads I saw were correct, Spiderman is airing next week and very well may pre-empt everything until the following week. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 493

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
zcat68 wrote:
Is there such a thing as offensive editing? Cause if there is, that's the best way to describe last night's One Piece, that was terrible.


Blame 4Kids. That's why everyone is ready for Funimation to take over on doing One Piece, because they promised the most minimal editing that Cartoon Network will allow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josh7289



Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 1252
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
rocklobster wrote:
Anyway, Naruto's ep this week was pretty good. I can't wait to see Sasuke and Itachi fight next week.



Well, if the ads I saw were correct, Spiderman is airing next week and very well may pre-empt everything until the following week. Sad


CartoonNetwork.com's schedule shows Spider-Man ending at 9:30 PM, and Naruto starting at that time. The shows before Naruto are preempted, with Naruto and One Piece both being pushed back a half hour, and MAR on at 10:30 PM.

By the way, check the Manga forums for some freaking huge Viz Naruto manga news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
ichiro3923



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Posts: 167
Location: hiding in your closet watching you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Based on the editor's continuous hate of Idaten Jump!, that show must really bad. But then again, I live in North America, so I'm used to kid's anime shows like Beyblade, Spider Riders, and Battle B'Daman to name a few.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bglassbrook



Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 1075
Location: Gaithersburg, MD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote
Wow, links to anime titles so incredibly hit-or-miss it must be an automatic filter being re-implemented. Now if only I could figure out why the Pokemon 460s are new when the 700s are available on demand .... must be related to daylight saving time.

Josh7289 wrote:
CartoonNetwork.com's schedule shows Spider-Man ending at 9:30 PM, and Naruto starting at that time. The shows before Naruto are preempted, with Naruto and One Piece both being pushed back a half hour, and MAR on at 10:30 PM.


.. which thankfully includes our favorite show to pre-empt, but spares One Piece.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
seedwingemp



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Hamilton Sq., NJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
There making big deal on Sunday about the last episode of Eureka 7. The next week start on GITS:2nd gig. I think Adult Swim won't take any risk on Saturday. They just want high ratings. If IFC start getting more anime I think they would be winner of TV ratings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Fiction Alchemist



Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 438

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
It's such a shame that Eureka Seven won't be rerunning on Saturday after its end. I was looking forward to rewatching the series... without purchasing it because I'm consistently broke. Well, I'll have it and many others on DVD one day. Soon, I hope; I need to get my career launched.

I know Eureka Seven wasn't getting good ratings, but they're putting the Second Gig back on AGAIN? Come on... How about instead, they actually ADVERTISE E-Seven and announce that it's starting over from the beginning. If people could watch it from the start, they might be inspired to actually watch it all the way through. Just a thought.

That said, I'm very happy that Adult Swim has aired Eureka Seven and stuck with it through to the end (though they probably were forced to by a signed contract). I hope they can get other shows that good in the future, and are not discouraged because of a relatively unknown new show not being able to attract viewers by itself.

I'm also happy that Adult Swim is actually advertising Shin-chan. I don't know how much a success the show could possibly be, and I don't plan to watch it unless I happen to be relaxing while it's on or so, but... It's nice to see an anime commercial on Adult Swim (even if it is a comedy show, and thus more up their alley). Though, I notice that the Blood+ commercials have disappeared now. My imagination? Finally for this paragraph, it is good to see Bleach is getting pretty good ratings now for Saturday, but I can't help but think they should be getting the word out more for it. Those ratings could get higher...

I see Bo-Bobo will be knocked of AGAIN (why they bothered to bring it back in the first place, I don't know), and for SPIDERMAN? I like the Spiderman movies and all, but this continues CARTOON Network's slide away from... Well, you get it. I just wish they would get Bo-Bobo over and done with while I'm still alive.

======

Reply to Richard J post:

I don't think there could be fully inoffensive editing, because I'm more likely to take offense to the thought that I couldn't handle the content than to any of the content itself.

Oh, and I would so watch your version of One (hundred) Piece.

Richard J. wrote:
zcat68 wrote:
Is there such a thing as offensive editing?
The better question is "is there such a thing as inoffensive editing?" All editing bothers me personally.

To make the time go by faster between Naruto and Mar, I kept the TV on but muted and did my own dialogue through some of the scenes. (I cracked my sister up by acting out Vivi's desperate denials that her's is the worst voice in dub.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daedelus
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 743
Location: Texas City, TX (ajd: 6/11/05)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:15 am Reply with quote
Even if AS doesn't repeat E7 on Saturdays, they still may repeat it on weeknights. The repeats of Inuyasha will be reaching their end in a couple of weeks so, who knows? I can't remember a show that AS has aired that they havn't re-run at least once.

Yeah, sooner or later, a weekday re-run will probably happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NGE1113



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 1081
Location: Alexandria, VA.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Even if AS doesn't repeat E7 on Saturdays, they still may repeat it on weeknights. The repeats of Inuyasha will be reaching their end in a couple of weeks so, who knows?


Actually, the online schedule that [adult swim]'s posted shows that, upon the conclusion of InuYasha, the same show will simply repeat all over again. Thusly, E7's gonna be left in the dark for a while.

Also, some (really) advance warning here. The same schedule shows that the Saturday night block will be pre-empted for a Futurama marathon on June 2nd. Time to make some alternative plans...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
daedelus
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 743
Location: Texas City, TX (ajd: 6/11/05)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:21 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
daedelus wrote:
Even if AS doesn't repeat E7 on Saturdays, they still may repeat it on weeknights. The repeats of Inuyasha will be reaching their end in a couple of weeks so, who knows?


Actually, the online schedule that [adult swim]'s posted shows that, upon the conclusion of InuYasha, the same show will simply repeat all over again. Thusly, E7's gonna be left in the dark for a while.

Also, some (really) advance warning here. The same schedule shows that the Saturday night block will be pre-empted for a Futurama marathon on June 2nd. Time to make some alternative plans...


Yeah, I figured it would probably be later, rather than sooner.

Futurama marathon,eh? Well, I guess I can work on the huge backlog stack of DVDs I have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
seedwingemp



Joined: 15 Aug 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Hamilton Sq., NJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quote
There was time when cartoon network means cartoons 24/7 but out of three cartoon networks only one show cartoons 24/7. That Nicktoons Network there not as stupid as turner networks. There all programing maybe Nick but they would never show lice action. Cartoon Network as official lost is way in every way. Anime use to be showcase but now there original and popular programing has taken over.

If AS is not successful one night but successful the other night. Then should accept lower ratings and take viewpoint of program is meant for. All see from Turner networks is there not willing to take risk. Least Fox has taken lot of risk on shows so, some shows not successful. They took risk of showing it.

For this reason AS is not successful anymore. There just becoming want they were against. now rating is everything. And without anime AS won't be successful. AS would be come want every Saturday night program dull boring and not take any chance. Want to see Turner networks take some action on AS by firing group and hiring new people to run AS. The people of AS just becoming jerks to everyone and those stupid commercial for Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie just beating a dead horse.

The movie is proof that they can't do any large scale thing right. This movie that they thought going be successful but wasn't. They should face consequence of there choices. Not let them skid by so easing. I'm sure in sometime there going to fire or dis pane group make them pay for there decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group