• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, May 2–8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story Complete Edition #21 & 22

What? Kenshin is still selling even after all this time being released, and to be in the top ten.....And those two volumes were the most expensive items on that list...quite strange.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I believe those are the Rurouni Kenshin kanzenban releases, similar to those of the Dragon Ball series that were released somewhat recently. They're larger than normal tankoubon (I'm not sure about physical size, but they definitely have move pages), and they're basically the "complete" edition of a series (usually a very popular series). The Dragon Ball kanzenban releases retained the original color pages when they were present in Weekly Shounen Jump, and I assume the Rurouni Kenshin kanzenban releases do the same.

If I lived in Japan, I'd help put them up on this list, too.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote
As the article notes, these are indeed the deluxe reprinting (kanzenban or complete edition) of this series. It does include all the color pages from the serialization, and with about 240 pages at 21 x 15 centimeters (8.2 x 5.7 inches), it's closer to the original print size of the magazine (only with much better paper and ink). Volume 21 and 22 are also the very last volumes of this edition, which probably didn't hurt sales any.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
As the article notes, these are indeed the deluxe reprinting (kanzenban or complete edition) of this series. It does include all the color pages from the serializatio Volume 21 and 22 are also the very last volumes of this edition, which probably didn't hurt sales any.

Is this a common thing do to or only with popular series does really happen? Or do they do when they need to make more money off Kenshin, I couldn't imagine some series being reprinted considering the length.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1