Forum - View topic
INTEREST: TV Tokyo Gives Away Pikachu Digital TV Remote




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4036
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
If you try to watch anything other than TV Tokyo, it administers a slight electrical 'correction' to the individual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asimpson2006



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 3151
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
If you try to watch anything other than TV Tokyo, it administers a slight electrical 'correction' to the individual.


So that would mean I would be blasting off again Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289



Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 1252
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
If you try to watch anything other than TV Tokyo, it administers a slight electrical 'correction' to the individual.


So that would mean I would be blasting off again Very Happy

Bravo, haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts



Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 6712
Location: Mount Crawford, Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if there's a secret button to activate Thunder Armor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nght5tlkr



Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 104
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:15 am Reply with quote
Why is there a 10 button? and 11? and 12? Since when did remotes go by the duodecimal system?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kokoroanime



Joined: 28 Jul 2011
Posts: 42
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quote
nght5tlkr wrote:
Why is there a 10 button? and 11? and 12? Since when did remotes go by the duodecimal system?


Because many TVs in Japan only have 12 channels...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. sickVisionz



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 2079
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote
It seems weird to me to have a remote that isn't numbered 0-9. I guess there aren't many TV stations in Japan if 12 is considered to be the highest channel number that anyone would ever want to watch. It would be a pain trying to get to channel like 300 when you have to start at 12 and then move up by increments of 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
crosswithyou



Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 2819
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Totally gonna enter in this drawing! XDDD


Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
It seems weird to me to have a remote that isn't numbered 0-9. I guess there aren't many TV stations in Japan if 12 is considered to be the highest channel number that anyone would ever want to watch. It would be a pain trying to get to channel like 300 when you have to start at 12 and then move up by increments of 1.


It's like local channels. If you have cable or satellite there are more channels and I assume there's a set top box with a separate remote or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
StudioToledo



Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 847
Location: Toledo, U.S.A.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Totally gonna enter in this drawing! XDDD


Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
It seems weird to me to have a remote that isn't numbered 0-9. I guess there aren't many TV stations in Japan if 12 is considered to be the highest channel number that anyone would ever want to watch. It would be a pain trying to get to channel like 300 when you have to start at 12 and then move up by increments of 1.


It's like local channels. If you have cable or satellite there are more channels and I assume there's a set top box with a separate remote or something.

Probably what it is (Japan didn't quite catch onto cable as we did in the US so people normally watch TV terrestrially or with satellite services). While 2-13 was the normal VHF band in the US, it seems 1-12 is the pattern used in Japan, but they also have UHF channels as well.

Reminded TV Tokyo use to be at the end of the dial during it's analog days though now they're on ch. 23 but is tuned to "7" normally (much in the way "virtual channels" work here).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_channel#Japan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group