• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam AGE Streamed with English Subs to 'Limited Area'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Lol they messed up
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Scamco Bandumb.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote
To quote what I had written in the last talkback, before this showed up a minute later:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Well, this is something to look into. It certainly is peculiar that this is being geo-blocked, While all of the other shows on that Youtube channel in all languages aren't.

I'm sure this well be sorted out eventually; keep in mind that as of now that the supposed Chinese subs are nowhere to be found as far as I can see.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote
It's like they want people to pirate it. I was looking forward to watching a legal stream, but now I'm back to fansubs for this series. I'm sure a lot of other people are the same way.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
To quote what I had written in the last talkback, before this showed up a minute later:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
Well, this is something to look into. It certainly is peculiar that this is being geo-blocked, While all of the other shows on that Youtube channel in all languages aren't.

I'm sure this well be sorted out eventually; keep in mind that as of now that the supposed Chinese subs are nowhere to be found as far as I can see.

It was announced long ago that it would be simulcast in South East Asia only. North America and Europe will getting it later.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
What!!! Are you kidding me??? This is going to encourage illegal upload in US. I recommend Bandai to broadcast Gundam AGE in US on CR, Youtube, or Hulu for all I care.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
It was announced long ago that it would be simulcast in South East Asia only. North America and Europe will getting it later.

There's our answer then; just be patient.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:

Really, that's good to hear. I hope Bandai assure that for North American fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkonezero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Australia before United States boggles me...
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
darkonezero wrote:
Seems likely to be a by-product of how Bandai divides up the world. Once Australia is lumped in with South Asia and ASEAN, "down there to our Southeast", and North America is in a different box, then its down to the details of the individual distribution strategies which ends up rolling out first.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Bandai Entertainment posted on there facebook page that they would be making a new title announcement at the New York Comic Con/Anime Festival. Maybe it will be Gundam AGE.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
Bandai Entertainment posted on there facebook page that they would be making a new title announcement at the New York Comic Con/Anime Festival. Maybe it will be Gundam AGE.

I hope so too and hopefully after it airs they won't screw up by releasing it subbed only on DVD. Since they dubbed all their other Gundam series so far except for Turn A, but that is to be expected since its an old series that probably wouldn't profit from a dub. Still pissed about the whole Star Driver thing. Why release it subbed on DVD people are not going to buy it since it is streamed legally and for free no less. Bad move imo. =/

Well I'm going to stick to my fansubs until its available to watch legally on Hulu or youtube.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
pajmo9 wrote:

I hope so too and hopefully after it airs they won't screw up by releasing it subbed only on DVD. Since they dubbed all their other Gundam series so far except for Turn A, but that is to be expected since its an old series that probably wouldn't profit from a dub. Still pissed about the whole Star Driver thing. Why release it subbed on DVD people are not going to buy it since it is streamed legally and for free no less. Bad move imo. =/

Well I'm going to stick to my fansubs until its available to watch legally on Hulu or youtube.

Totally agree.

I too totally understand the Turn A situation and will still be buying it but I'm not picking up Star Driver since I could just watch the streams and I think it's been merely decent, though getting to re-watch the series with a dub probably would have pushed me over the edge to purchase it. And Gundam to me is big and profitable enough that new Gundam should be dual-audio (like just about all of them are) so I'd rather wait than buy a sub-only release of something big like that.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
darkonezero wrote:
Seems likely to be a by-product of how Bandai divides up the world. Once Australia is lumped in with South Asia and ASEAN, "down there to our Southeast", and North America is in a different box, then its down to the details of the individual distribution strategies which ends up rolling out first.

Common sense would dictate that you roll it out at the same time so you don't give people the reason to look for piracy at all. This has been a strategy used by streaming for years. The reason FMA: B took so long was that Aniplex was using companies from around the world to stream it. All Bandai did was put up the english version than blocked it off for most of the english speaking world.

Gundam hasn't been successful in America in 9 years, and one of the main reasons has been Bandai's incompetent handling of the product.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
This is going to encourage illegal upload in US.

Though it is perhaps trite to say this, statements of such a form can be made about the vast majority of legally streamed content. All that is interesting in this case is the size of one of the regions affected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2