• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Did Manga Entertainment Lie

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRavenX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:01 am Reply with quote
I recently bought Blood: The Last Vampire, and on the back of the DVD case there is a quote that reads

"Absolutely Astounding" -Anime News Network

I thought it was kind of cool, and decided to take a look at the review's full text here at ANN, nowhere in the review that tempest wrote, seperately or together, do those two words absolutely or astounding occur. Did they get the quote by phone? If not it is awfully slimy of them to give the quote. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, Just a mini rant.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:00 am Reply with quote
You sure you're looking at the right review? ^^

(animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=6)

"From the vehicles which some spectators mistook for actual video recording (as opposed to animation) to the elegantly crafted features of Saya and the monstrous Teropterids which could never be mistaken for real, the artwork within Blood is absolutely astounding."

...though while at that, pretty good example of a stakeholder using a reviewer's quote out of its complete context,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:22 am Reply with quote
Of course isn't that the case for almost all of the little snipits on the case of a moive? I seem to rember some very lousy movies that got bad reviews from everyone having some sort of positive coment on them.
DCRavenX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Ok,I missed it when I read it before. I realize that companies do this all of the time, but I still think it is slimy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1