• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime ef - a tale of melodies Announced, Promo Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quote
A new ef series is coming soon! The same people of SHAFT who worked on ef - a tale of memories will work on this!

http://www.ef-melo.com/

A small trailer is out in the official website. It's more likely going to deal more on Kei's friend Mizuki and her connections with Yuuko which was a plot in the new ef visual novel released. And it also looks likes, judging, from the trailer shows flashes of Yuuko's and Yuu's past, and who's that girl painting?
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote
I feel giddy. I hope they retain the style.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
And it also looks likes, judging, from the trailer shows flashes of Yuuko's and Yuu's past...

This is what I wanted to see. ef - a tale of memories. was great, and I'm glad they're making a new series from a different angle. Though it doesn't really say when this will be released, does it? Ah well, either way I'll be watching this when it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote
It's coming out this fall season Pastachan which I'm really happy about since I don't think Shina Dark (which SHAFT announced last December) has a good stopping point in the manga atm.

Fall 08 = ef - a tales of melodies
Winter 09/Spring 09 = Shina Dark possibly

Works for me!

Anyway c&p

*downloads promo*

Awesome PV! Really looking forward to this since Mizuki was pretty awesome in her short amount of time she had in the first season and it will be nice to see what's up with the Yu and Yuuko situation. Kei had her time though I expect they'll throw in some stuff for her somewhere in their and probably a cameo or two of Hiro and Miya. This trailer will probably make me listen to the awesome Tenmon score for Memories for the next few hours, can't wait to see what he gives us for Melodies! Fall 08 keeps getting better and better.
LoOpiNg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Huge news in my eyes. ef a tale of memories was probably the best anime of 2007 for me. The cast seems different? Let's hope it turns out to be just as good anyway.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. I recently finished watching the first series, and I absolutely loved it. Not quite the best anime of 2007, but certainly one of the top 5 in my opinion. Cannot wait for the sequel, especially if it is going to have the same production staff. The cast does seem to be a bit different, but hopefully it will be just as wonderful as the first series, if not even better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Win.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
LoOpiNg wrote:
Huge news in my eyes. ef a tale of memories was probably the best anime of 2007 for me. The cast seems different? Let's hope it turns out to be just as good anyway.
voice cast seems the same
Warll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Now the first series just needs to get licensed.
shh227

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe that its was only confirmed to us yesterday and today we have got to have a look a the trailer.

Ef a tale of memories is as good as any key/kyoto animation anime.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
shh227 wrote:
I can't believe that its was only confirmed to us yesterday and today we have got to have a look a the trailer.

It was rumored, but it wasn't actually confirmed yesterday. A lot of websites were running off a piece posted in Moon Phase Zakki about Rondo Robe 2008. The catch is that Rondo Robe 2008 didn't actually start until Saturday afternoon, so it was just a rumor until about half a day ago.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Warll wrote:
Now the first series just needs to get licensed.

Why'd you have to go there? Also, I doubt it will get licensed since it seems a lot of the companies aren't doing too well. If it does, it would most likely be by RightStuf, and thus no dub.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news, the first series is definitely one of the best things I've seen this year with several moments that just stick in your mind. The trailer for this second series looks brilliant. The SKIES, the MUSIC!

I really wish stuff like this would be licenced. A RightStuf/Nozomi style low price subs only boxed set would be a great way to getting this series out.
NocturnalUX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Now this looks great. From the trailer it seems that they keep the same style. I also love the music. I can hardly wait to check this out!
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I liked the visual style of ef, but I have to say that, for once, I found the Japanese voice work to be inferior. Especially Yanase Natsumi, as Chihiro, delivered a weak performance. Her voice was grating at best and outright annoying at worst.

In general, I'm extremely tired of the burikko-voice as it has evolved in the moe phenomenon. All those little half-choked vowels can sound completely exasperating.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2