• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moribito Confirmed to Debut on Adult Swim on August 24

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
Well, holy crap. We are now officially in a 2nd Renaissance for broadcast anime. I only wish I could actually see it happen.

Of course, the best part of this announcement is that this almost certainly implies an english track for the DVD release Very Happy Suddenly I feel a lot better about holding on watching this fansubbed.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Good, now let's also see if CN is willing to show D.Gray-Man on Adult Swim next. Smile
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Can't wait to watch this on Adult Swim's website xD
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Great news, Seirei No Moribito is a great series and we won't have to wait for all the dvds to come out to see it dubbed. I wonder what the voice cast is like anyways.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I finished this not too long ago, and I was hoping it'd eventually see a stateside DVD release Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote
the_seventh_l wrote:
Awesome! Can't wait to watch this on Adult Swim's website xD

If it will be on the Adult Swim Video section. Many shows don't air on there(like Bleach).

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but Morbito's description doesn't interest me. The show doesn't sound as flashy as Eureka seveN, Bleach, Death Note, and Code Geass. Not to mention that Adult Swim won't promo or advertise it(they never do that for anime), so this likely won't get any big ratings. It won't topple Bleach at the least.

Still, I am hopeful, since it is anime. And I'll always give anime on tv a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Takoon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
This is very good news! I can't believe Adult Swim's taking on new anime! Hopefully they'll take on some more. It'll be like a big rush of anime at once. -^ ^- Yay.
AnimeCon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Your telling me. Cartoon Network only sees to advertise crap like Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Family Guy for Adult Swim. More anime ads FTW.

By the way, I am excited. ^^
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
It sounds ok but I'm not really excited. It doesn't seem very adult swim like. They might have been better off with claymore or d gray man. I don't think they are going to get very good ratings with this.
Takoon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Even though a lot of people like the anime that was on Adult Swim, it obviously wasn't getting them the ratings they wanted. They're trying something different, and that's a step in the right direction.

But you're right. Claymore and D.Gray-man would be great. ^ ^
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Huh. A fantasy series. Sweet- a few years ago, they were on the edge of extinction.
AnimeCon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote
They only show anime on saturdays now...
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Takoon wrote:
Even though a lot of people like the anime that was on Adult Swim, it obviously wasn't getting them the ratings they wanted. They're trying something different, and that's a step in the right direction.

But you're right. Claymore and D.Gray-man would be great. ^ ^

To be fair, by this point, I don't think Adult Swim cares about anime ratings. They know they won't ever have anime that even come close to comparing with Sunday's ratings. It's just a side effect of their target age demographic being outside and about on Saturday nights. Adult Swim just seems to air anime they like and fans might like to see on tv(Death Note, Code Geass, Bleach, etc.).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Forlorn Hope

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah! Moribito was among the best offerings of 2007, can't wait to hear it in English. That is if I can convince my flat mates to surrender the TV once a week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I always love a new fantasy show as well but I just don't want to see it take shin chan's 1:30 am spot or something. But I don't really think they care about anime it might just be schedule filler at this point. They don't even show the Saturday schedule. Nice to see something new though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4