• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Touch's Mitsuru Adachi Creates New Project in Magazine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Here comes yet another new classic of sports and slice-of-life... *rubs hands together*
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I still dont understand how he has never had a single anime released in the US. He is the God of sport and/or slice of life. Everyone one of his mangas gets long running anime like H2 , Touch, Cross game, and not one has made it to the the US, and given the crap we get I do not know why.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
what happen to Asaoka Kōkō Yakyū-Bu Nisshi - Over Fence?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
Does anybody die in the first installment? Very Happy

CrownKlown wrote:
I still don't understand how he has never had a single anime released in the US. He is the God of sport and/or slice of life. Everyone one of his mangas gets long running anime like H2 , Touch, Cross game, and not one has made it to the the US, and given the crap we get I do not know why.

Those are not for otaku buyers. Otaku get hives just thinking about physical exertion, let alone buying a video of it. Laughing
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunatly ,if I am not mistaken, Cross Game did poor in sales in Japan that may be the reason why they don't want to license it .Though I wished they would do it in France just like they did for many of his animes like Touch . Moreover I can't buy the japanese DVDs since just one volume costs more than 50 euros ... Anime cry .

By the way I feel like the scan looks like Cross Game ^^ .
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I love all his manga (even if I think H2 is way too long), and I'm glad he is starting a new one and most of his works are released here in Italy. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1