• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Anime Festival 2008 Preview - Industry Panels

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
For them, the summer has been marked by successfully putting the Gurren Lagann anime series on television - only to then see it exiled to a "beyond the point of no return" 5:00 timeslot,

Aren't you referring to Code Geass? Sci-Fi hasn't moved Gurren Lagann, have they? I mean, I know that AS moved Geass to 5 AM.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
That has to be a typo, I dont think Gurren Lagann was moved, Ani-monday does not even run that late.
Alex_Strife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation HAS to announce more news about D Gray Man, and when they're going to release the first Negima?!(2nd series) DVDs. I'm going nuts not knowing these things! I bet they're gonna announce D Gray Man or Claymore will air on Adult Swim by the end of the weekend.
Espeon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quote
So no news from ADV.. there should be something since there ment to be coming back from the dead sooner or later.
JackCox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote
Do you guys have any plans to attend the Darker than Black and Claymore Panels?
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quote
The licenses I'm hoping for are Higurashi no naku koro ni kai, Kodomo no Jikan, Rosario + Vampire, ToLove-Ru, School Days, Vampire Knight, Kanokon, Kamen no Maid Guy, and Zero no Tsukaima Futasuki no Kishi. Also, possibly who will release Wolf and Spice for Kadokawa USA.
Alex_Strife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
The licenses I'm hoping for are Higurashi no naku koro ni kai, Kodomo no Jikan, Rosario + Vampire, ToLove-Ru, School Days, Vampire Knight, Kanokon, Kamen no Maid Guy, and Zero no Tsukaima Futasuki no Kishi. Also, possibly who will release Wolf and Spice for Kadokawa USA.

I gurantee you FUNimation's gonna get Rosario Vampire(Gonzo title) an ToLoveRu. Because nowadays, they get just about anything, while Viz and ADV get nothing. They haven't announced a new license all year!
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote
Espeon wrote:
So no news from ADV.. there should be something since there ment to be coming back from the dead sooner or later.

Why the hell hasn't ADV said anything lately? Furthermore, why did their troubles have to happen like they did?

Meanwhile, is FUNimation EVER going to release the second Negima series, or will they sit on it and let it rot? Also, what's up with Central Park Media? Are they dead or just hibernating?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Panda Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Alex_Strife wrote:
Panda Man wrote:

I gurantee you FUNimation's gonna get Rosario Vampire(Gonzo title) an ToLoveRu. Because nowadays, they get just about anything, while Viz and ADV get nothing. They haven't announced a new license all year!

Wel, they didn't announce today. So maybe in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1