• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Gets Film Project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shafiq95

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 am Reply with quote
YEAH BITCH!!!!NOT ONE OF THOSE STUPID SPINOFF MANGA!!!
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 am Reply with quote
Now here's the thing...are they going to try and condense all 25 episodes of season 1 into one movie, or split season 1 over various movies?
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
unless IF reveal "he" is alive yea i knew it.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
If they actually make an effort to retell the story, great. If this is yet another condensed product, it's a total waste of time and money. That it'd be called a "dream" project gives me some hope that this isn't a lazy initiative though.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
If they actually make an effort to retell the story, great. If this is yet another condensed product, it's a total waste of time and money.

Considering they have already made two compilation movies, Black Rebellion and Zero Requiem, neither of which has any actual changes...there is a high chance that this new film will be an entirely different version of the Code Geass story. I'm looking forward to it.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:
If they actually make an effort to retell the story, great. If this is yet another condensed product, it's a total waste of time and money.

Considering they have already made two compilation movies, Black Rebellion and Zero Requiem, neither of which has any actual changes...there is a high chance that this new film will be an entirely different version of the Code Geass story. I'm looking forward to it.

and it won't waste time or money. Code Geass = $$$
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
I hope it will be a retelling with some changes. Perhaps like Macross Frontier Movies ?
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Code Geass: Do You Remember Love?, perhaps?
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Oooh. A film. I wonder if it'll be like the Eureka Seven movie.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Code Geass: Do You Remember Love?, perhaps?

Yup that would be perfect Smile The 2nd film can also have alternative ending by some of the characters who passed away surviving.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:

Very much looking forward to it. That they are describing this as a "film adapatation" and a "dream project" seems to point more to an alternate retelling/streamlined version of the series. This also makes me wonder if we will be seeing some of the elements dropped from the original draft of R2 when its timeslot was shifted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Now here's the thing...are they going to try and condense all 25 episodes of season 1 into one movie, or split season 1 over various movies?

My best guess is it will be something like the Eureka 7 movie was to the Eureka 7 t.v. anime. Since they just reused the same characters but had a completely different story/adaption. Who knows though.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
If Akito is a sequel of sorts, I'm hoping this film will help bridge the gap story-wise and timeline-wise. If Akito is a prequel, then I'm not sure what I'd be after.

I think a continuation from season 2's ambiguous finale would be my wish, if anything. I don't usually care for film-size condensed remakes.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't care what happens... I'm excited~

Its a film, so i'm not really expecting it to be great. But i'm sure it'll have to be relatively good, right?

:hopes so:
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote
so is it going to be animated as usual, or will it be live action? i only ask because many films I know that are anime/video-game based tend to not do very well and get heavily criticized.

know what would be good plot for the movie, what if it deals with post-R2 and it's about the world bracing itself once more in a time of desperation. if that's the case, maybe they can finally end the debate on the "Schrödinger's Lelouch" debate (basically the debate if Lelouch is dead or alive)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2