• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tour Offers Chance to Meet Gloomy Bear Creator, Pierrot

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
it's a wonder Gloomy Bear merchandise hasn't reached the US. it's funny stuff.
akatsukinotobi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote
As much as I'd love to visit Pierrot, the price tag is nearly $3000...

T_____T
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daxomni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
akatsukinotobi wrote:
As much as I'd love to visit Pierrot, the price tag is nearly $3000...

Yeah, and that's only if you live in LA apparently. If they offed single-day event tickets to go see a studio or what have you then I'd be all for it, but asking me to hand over $3,000 so they can purchase a whole vacation in my name doesn't sound like a very good value to me. But maybe everything they do is top-notch. I've never been on a packaged tour so maybe it's somehow worth all that money. Still, the idea of sleeping in the same room with a stranger and having to hand over lots of money with no chance of getting any of it back less than a month out if I get sick kind of puts me off a bit.
RyanPJT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Hi! I'm Ryan from Pop Japan Travel. Thanks for discussing our awesome upcoming Cold Steel Tour.

Though $2719 might seem expensive (see www.popjapantravel.com for a $100 discount offer!), when you think about it, this price is an amazing offer. Included in the pricetag is all hotel accomodations and nonstop airfare to Japan, all transportation once in Japan, the exclusive meeting with Gloomy Bear creator, Mori Chack, the visit to Studio Pierrot, bilingual tour guides to break any language barrier, custom-made guidebooks, exclusive coupons to great stores in Akihabara, and more surprises.

Actually, it's quite a bargain!!

Additionally, though this is the price from LAX, we can happily arrange flights for anyone from anywhere in the world! Depending on the flight, this could mean an even cheaper tour package for you!

Check out www.popjapantravel.com for more details.

Hope to see you in Japan!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1