• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bestbuy.com

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gzilla04

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:02 pm Reply with quote
when you are on the site you can check for avability for store pickup. I just want to know if the stores that arnt bolded on the list actually have it in stock and if the bolded ones you can pick it up. Because I want to get Tenchi Muyo! GXP V. 5 tonight at my bestbuy but I dont know if it's there because the store isnt bolded. Does that Store pickup thing mean anything or will it most likely be there still?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gzilla04

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to get Tenchi Muyo! GXP v. 5 yet?

Am having trouble right now. My bestbuy doesnt have it yet. When do you think It'll come to my bestbuy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gnollman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Just came out today, give it some time. I know that my local BestBuy doesn't always stock anime and other lesser demand titles on the release date.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I've had Tenchi GXP 5 since last weekend Very Happy
Goshin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:34 pm Reply with quote
It was just released today, correct? Give the retailers some time. You'll get your DVD, I'm sure of it.

BTW, I've noticed that we live in the same state, and well, just to let you know, I haven't seen any Tenchi GXP DVD's beyond vol.3 at my local Best Buy.

Sorry, I'm not much help.
Alias

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:39 am Reply with quote
Best Buy is an okay store for anime only. I went there to get Excel Saga Box Set, and they didn't have it, but the computer show they had 2 copies in store. So I purchased it online with free shipping, it took almost a month.

As for Tenchi Muyo GXP Vol. 5, that thing came out 2 weeks ago from where I got it from.
mmxzero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 am Reply with quote
That mean someone has broken the street date if it was sold before Aug. 24th.
As for Tenchi Muyo! GXP Vol. 5, got mine at Sam Goody.
demon_kinsin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:16 pm Reply with quote
yea you can't go to bestbuy the first day its released. I usally wait a week or so untill i go to get a new volume.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:00 pm Reply with quote
mmxzero wrote:
That mean someone has broken the street date if it was sold before Aug. 24th.
As for Tenchi Muyo! GXP Vol. 5, got mine at Sam Goody.

Yes, most stores break street. There are some that don't, but you will find most do at least 3-4 before, but not in large numbers. They usually will put 1 or 2 out (probably for people like us that know what we're looking for)
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm not exactly sure about bolded vs. un-bolded (it could be what your preferred stores are), but whenever I check store availablity only stores that actually have the item will show up. However, its not always correct since many times when I've check availability it says the store nearest me does not have it, but when I go there I see the product.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Vigilante024 wrote:
However, its not always correct since many times when I've check availability it says the store nearest me does not have it, but when I go there I see the product.

Yes, as I pointed out in another recent thread, this is because the store inventory database is not updated until midnight. When an item is first checked into the store when it arrives, it immediately goes into the local store database. In other words, if you go to BB #1234 and ask them to check if they have DVD A, they can tell you if it's in stock or not. If you were to go to store #1235 and ask them to check if #1234 has the item in stock, they would say no, until midnight that night, when the regional database is updated. Which is also why sometimes it will say online it is there, but when you go it actually isn't. It got sold during the day, but the regional database won't reflect that sale on inventory until midnight.
gzilla04

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone no why bestbuy.com is saying that alot of future dvd releases of anime after october isnt having store availbility? Will they update it to show that there will be store availbility?
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Probably because that's when christmas shopping starts, and they have to focus on other aspects of their website. So, anime is getting the shaft...
gzilla04

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quote
^ So your saying that they arnt going to sell anime around that time just because of Christmas? I would think they would be putting alot of anime out just for Christmas.
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
No, they just aren't going to tell you about store availibility on their website. I'm sure they'll still stock anime, but it will be at a low priority. I'd suggest ordering from DDD until after the holidays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2