• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gokujyo Comedy TV Anime's 1st Episode Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
I don't really see what's so silly about this.

I mean, if I went to school and had forgotten to wear underwear, I know the first thing on my mind would be to steal a pair from one of my classmates.

(Actually, I do believe there was once or twice in middle school I did, indeed, forget to wear underwear. The day proceeded without incident, thanks to me being male. I suppose that would not make a very interesting anime, though.
giseki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
this has become must see anime
giseki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
cor that was really bad
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
I didn't think it was particularly bad. In fact, as far as an anime sex comedy, it's probably one of the better ones (although that REALLY isn't hard to accomplish).

I don't really get why it was restricted from air. There didn't seem to be anything particularly extreme in it. Maybe Japan is just getting a lot more restrictive about their content.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
We all know the "circumstances" are because this is anime is trying to be an attention w****.

With the first episode, it was somewhat believable, then the third episode has a similar problem? It's obviously an attempt to try and grab attention.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
saw pics of ep.1

yet really is like hidden hitter.

yea whole take pantsu & etc wonder if later on reboot it 30mins eps series besides really this is slowly a clut watch.

yea later anime-marks want it.

really can make us more curious to see this anime?
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
saw pics of ep.1

yea whole take pantsu & etc wonder if later on reboot it 30mins eps series besides really this is slowly a clut watch.

Yeah, this made no sense whatsoever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
KLAC wrote:
saw pics of ep.1

He basically said this series is a sleeper hit, they are doing this to get attention, then will then take it an make it a 30 min time slot show, and it will sell....I think
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

I think its a punctuation exercise, like:
time flies i cant they fly too fast

-> Time flies? I can't. They fly too fast!

Except I don't know what "clut anime" means, so I can't solve the puzzle. Sad
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
KLAC wrote:
saw pics of ep.1

Give him the benefit of the doubt; I'm pretty sure that his native language is Mooninite.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Mission accomplished producers and DMM.com. That truly was exceedingly dumb.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. It was far more risque than I thought it would be after seeing the second episode first, too, but I can't say I didn't laugh as a result of all of it, either. This is all a stunt, but hey, it has people talking…

On the other hand, this episode seems far less polished than the second one, so maybe the producers were buying LMD--an animation company only few years old and on their 2nd production--some time?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:

Not that there is anything wrong with that. It was far more risque than I thought it would be after seeing the second episode first, too, but I can't say I didn't laugh as a result of all of it, either. This is all a stunt, but hey, it has people talking…

On the other hand, this episode seems far less polished than the second one, so maybe the producers were buying LMD--an animation company only few years old and on their 2nd production--some time?
LMD is a new studio, but the person behind the company is far from new he worked at Gainax, and help create GONZO, he happens to be Shouji Murahama
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
I don't really see what's so silly about this.

I mean, if I went to school and had forgotten to wear underwear, I know the first thing on my mind would be to steal a pair from one of my classmates.

(Actually, I do believe there was once or twice in middle school I did, indeed, forget to wear underwear. The day proceeded without incident, thanks to me being male. I suppose that would not make a very interesting anime, though.

Nothing wrong with freeing the boys! Go commando! Laughing

who_is_friend wrote:

I don't really get why it was restricted from air. There didn't seem to be anything particularly extreme in it. Maybe Japan is just getting a lot more restrictive about their content.

The crazy HS girl sounds too old. But this short is part of a bigger show, so maybe it's that bigger show that would restrict what it can be associated with.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Key wrote:
KLAC wrote:
saw pics of ep.1

Give him the benefit of the doubt; I'm pretty sure that his native language is Mooninite.

what a mooninite?

besides seeing those pics of ep.1 really whole grabbing the pantsu & gag oh yea i was are you serious bro?!

really if do well yea remake to tv series 30mins eps on the way.

hey i would so pipebomb if series got license & dub as well.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
Sam Murai wrote:

LMD is a new studio, but the person behind the company is far from new he worked at Gainax, and help create GONZO, he happens to be Shouji Murahama

Yeah, I knew about that beforehand, but being an industry veteran doesn't mean much if you don't have the right funds, staff, and talent around you to successfully pull off a production or stay on time (not saying this was necessarily case here, but still). LMD primarily worked on mobile phone games before tackling animation and were a relatively small outfit, so it's hard to say what their workforce is like on this title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2