• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cowboy Bebop Re-Mastered

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathbringer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:15 am Reply with quote
So...anyone else getting this?
Mikuji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quote
If the 5.1 release flows onto a local release, i'm in
Doctor Worm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:06 am Reply with quote
Ha! I KNEW it!

I'm really thrilled about it too.. with the amazing soundtrack it certainally deserves it.

Perhaps their's no need for it or whatever, but y'know commentary tracks would be nice to have as well. Very Happy
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote
You guys think it will have English subs or audio? Probably not right.

its supposed to be a limitation production so if you want your copy you should keep your eyes open. Amazon has it at 20% off. but then again i wonder how many are willing to spend 300 bucks on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:15 am Reply with quote
Sam.: wrote:
You guys think it will have English subs or audio? Probably not right.
The reason I think "English audio and English subs" are a possibility is because the Blue Sub 6 boxset which comes out in a few days -- August 27th 2004 has both English audio and subs. Plus, the 2003 release of the Big O Season 1 International Boxset had English audio.

All three (Cowboy Bebop, Blue Sub 6 & Big O), are big Bandai titles, so it is a possibility that Bebops 7disk set might have English audio/subs too. right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:40 am Reply with quote
All three (Cowboy Bebop, Blue Sub 6 & Big O), are big Bandai titles, so it is a possibility that Bebops 7disk set might have English audio/subs too. right?

That makes sense. Without them saying that there are subs, for now I'd assume there aren't, but your reasoning for suspecting the possibility is pretty sound.
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Des anyone know if when they re-release these, they will have different cover art, disc art, etc...

Because if Bandai releases them the exact same way then how am I supposed to know which is the 5.1 and which isn't?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:34 pm Reply with quote
i read somewhere that they are going to have original new cover art, and some extras too. but i forgot where i read that at.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/broadway2/555530/#499938

Last edited by Sam.: on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
xSousukeSpikeAmonx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:42 pm Reply with quote
if it comes out in locl release then i would think about getting it. it's nice of them to do that. it does have a really nice soundtrack and they need comentaries defintely.
Quote:
that does make a lot of sense and might happen, but you never know with comapnies though as in what they'll do excatly. it would be nice if the discs had new covers and art, but that mihgt be askin for too much. Bandai lately has been releasing DVD's a lot lately or has plans to. Like witch hunter robin(WHR) and .hack//sign, but in WHR and .hack they aren't supposedlt doing anything special excpet putting them in a box and thats it. well, it'd be nice if the re-mastered edtion of Cowboy Bebop comes over here to the state side.
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote
xSousukeSpikeAmonx wrote:
Quote:
that does make a lot of sense and might happen...

if Big O and Blue Sub (which aren't even half as popular as Bebop) get English audio/subs for their boxset releases... I think it is almost logical to say there is a 99% chance that Bebop will get one too. but yeah like you said... whatever. we'll just have wait and see.
Realfolkblues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:49 pm Reply with quote
If it does get released Stateside, I'll buy it. I have yet to get any of the DVDs except the movie. Crying or Very sad
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Looks like no subtitles for R2 guys... [url=http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(simple,one_line)/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-2022]cdJapan[/url]
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
damn it I was totally wrong. I was so hoping that there will be English subs atleast. Anways, i doubt that anyone would pay $300 bucks for the 5.1DD with no Eng Subs. Now, that we know that it not going to have Eng Subs....looks like you guys will have to wait for the American R1 release. more info on the DVD box

sorry, i was wrong and sorry if i got anyones hopes up.. i'm dissapointed. Sad

Tempest wrote:
That makes sense. Without them saying that there are subs, for now I'd assume there aren't, but your reasoning for suspecting the possibility is pretty sound.
Tempest you were right.
Onv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The region 2 boxset will have the English dub and English subtitles.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Onv wrote:
The region 2 boxset will have the English dub and English subtitles.

It would be nice if someone actually could provide a source for this information, because I'm not seeing it listed anywhere.

The POSSIBILITY of it having english audio or subtitles is there, but I haven't seen any Japanese websites that could actually CONFIRM it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4