• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kingdom Hearts 3D's 10-Minute Special Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 am Reply with quote
There aren't words to describe how excited I am for this game!!

Though I'm not particularly interested in any of the Disney worlds they're showing. I guess this means I should finally see the new Tron. Having the TWEWY characters completely makes up for that part to me though!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Who is that silver haired kid dressed with the Organization outfit? I thought at first it was Terra possessed by Xehanort but he looks much smaller.
lizardking461

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
@rizuchan: Tron: Legacy was alright, even if it did have a fair bit of rather wooden acting.
But yes, I agree entirely. Ever since I heard/saw Neku and co. were going to be in this game I've been pining after a 3DS...

@sainta: You're sort of right. I'm pretty sure that figure has been confirmed as a young version of Master Xehanort.

I'm now also very intrigued with Young Master Xehanort and the cloaked figures. Has he reassembled Organization XIII, but with his former Nobody's accomplices' somebodies? I was thinking that, now that they're human once more, they might be going to straight and narrow. After all, in the other trailers Lea seems to be getting on amiably with Aeleus and Ienzo, and I think it's fair to assume that Lea is a straight up good guy this time round. So maybe those cloaked figures are something else entirely (having counted, there appear to be only 12 figures, and all the same height...) Well, as that scene appears to take place in a dream world, who knows what's going on. Yet at the very end we see (old) Master Xehanort, Xemnas, and many other black-cloaked figures, so perhaps he has indeed reassembled them (hopefully sans Lea and Roxas...) in the place Where Nothing Gathers.
I'm also wondering how Master Xehanort and Xemnas appear in the same scene together. The trailer would seem to imply the Master Xehanort (both old and young versions) has control of his doppelgangers...
And finally, who's the hooded figure with red eyes at the end? Xion perhaps? Though she's shown just moments before...
Gah, so many more questions!
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
This may be the must-buy game for the 3DS.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I love the KH Series, second only to Final Fantasy. This may just be what makes me buy a 3DS! Although I can always hope they get around to porting the handheld games to the PS3.

Anyway, I cant wait!
lizardking461

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
KeybladeMaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
lizardking461 wrote:
And finally, who's the hooded figure with red eyes at the end? Xion perhaps? Though she's shown just moments before...

This is just my speculation, but that red-eyed person MIGHT be Mysterious Figure from Birth By Sleep. It's very well possible, seeing as the KH1 final mix secret boss was Xemnas, the KH2 final mix secret boss was the lingering spirit of Terra, so perhaps MF will appear in this or the next game? I mean, all we know of MF is that he/she uses beam swords that resemble swords, more than Xemnas's weapons (which look more like light sabers), and that he/she is able to manipulate time to some extent (who knows what that extent is, seeing as you only see a little of that in the battle with him/her)
Alexis.Anagram

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
KeybladeMaster wrote:

This is just my speculation, but that red-eyed person MIGHT be Mysterious Figure from Birth By Sleep. It's very well possible, seeing as the KH1 final mix secret boss was Xemnas, the KH2 final mix secret boss was the lingering spirit of Terra, so perhaps MF will appear in this or the next game?

The Mysterious Figure from Birth By Sleep does appear in this game, but Nomura confirmed in a recent magazine interview that the Mysterious Figure is the person who looks like a Young Xehanort (whether or not he actually is Young Xehanort or simply has his appearance for some reason is yet to be revealed).

Anyhow, that gameplay there is looking to be a-mazing. But everything in this trailer is hinting at a bad end for Sora. D:
lizardking461

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
@KeybladeMaster and Alexis: I too am pretty sure the Unknown is the Young Master Xehanort figure. I read somewhere that in the 'Dream Realm', one can project themselves as how they appeared in the past. This not only explains why Sora and Riku are younger (and perhaps why there are multiple younger Mickeys), but also suggests that the Young Master Xehanort, Ansem SoD, and Xemnas figures are all projections emitting from Master Xehanort (he's a pretty powerful guy, so it seems possible that he could maintain and control 3 at a time).
However, I don't think that the red-eyed figure is the Unknown as well. I heard an interesting idea that it could be Vanitas original form i.e. what he looked like before he took on Sora's image (assumedly the first time Ventus' heart fled to Sora's?). But then again, I sort of hope it's a new character entirely.

And it does indeed seem like Riku will rise and Sora will fall. But perhaps Sora's fall is necessary to awaken Ventus?
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
For the cloaked figures, Nomura has confirmed... spoiler[that the Organization's members, after being defeated as nobodies (and apparently being assumed as defeated as random heartless in the previous games), are going back to their old selves, just as Xehanort is.] From the looks of the trailer, however, it seems they are all going to be siding with Sora or something.

As for why Ansem, Xemnas, Master Xehanort, and the young Xehanort all appear at once... well, that is hinted in the Re:coded secret ending, isn't it? --Which is the reason why Yen Sid is sending Sora and Riku to get their Mark of Mastery, I believe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1