• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Naruto Shippūden Game's Gaara Story Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
To me, this exemplifies how Kishimoto does character growth right. Gaara actually shedding a tear for Sasuke's sake just punched me right in the heart. I think this trailer did a stellar job selling their similarities and at least Gaara's new-found distinctions.

Lastly: Man, as much as I've come to love Liam O'Brien's performance as the Jinchuriki of Suna, I'll be the first to admit I really liked hearing his seiyuu this time around. Hmm... Perhaps I'll need to re-watch some select arcs/episodes now. Laughing
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote
I haven't played video games in a while, but I really liked this trailer. Although, whenever Gaara talks about his past I imagine some snarky dark humor: "Y'know Sasuke, I used to kill people for fun because my life sucked, too but it's really not a cool thing to do, so I stopped." Laughing

Hey, Gaara got away with a lot.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
Sand Ninja got away with a lot in general.. Baki killed a few of those Chuunin exam people just to keep secret of the alliance between the Sound and Sound and was pardoned for those crimes when the Sand allied with the Leaf out of desperation (to the point where one of the wives of a man he killed was angry and wanted revenge, but ultimately was denied it due to the alliance and put politics above her own desires) Hooray for politics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1