News Third Season of NHK's Ani-Kuri Shorts Streamed
posted on 2008-04-02 13:25 EDT by Egan Loo
The NHK television network has posted the last five of its Ani-Kuri 15 shorts on its website. These one-minute anime shorts were supervised by some of Japan's most acclaimed directors and creators. ("Ani-Kuri" is short for the Japanese pronunciation of "anime creators.") NHK aired the first of three five-episode "seasons" last May and posted the first ten shorts in January. The third and last season of shorts has actually been airing in Japan since December.
To see the third season, please go to the linked page on NHK's website. After the Flash-animated introduction movie ends, select the "Third Season" cube icon. A cross-shaped menu will appear on the right with the following artists' names (in Japanese):
- Shoji Kawamori 河森正治 ("Project Omega") - Creator, Macross
- Satoshi Kon 今敏 ("Ohayō," pictured above) - Director, Paprika
- Mahiro Maeda 前田真宏 ("Onmitsu Hime," a wordplay on Anmitsu Hime) - Director, Blue Submarine No. 6
- Michael Arias マイケル・アリアス (Okkakekko) - Director, Tekkonkinkreet
- Makoto Shinkai 新海誠 (Neko no Shūkai) - Creator, 5 Centimeters Per Second
To see a particular creator's short, select the creator's name and then select the "Movie" button.
Now Available: Fall 2018 Shorts Featuring Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san - Senran Kagura Shinovi Master - A Certain Magical Index III - As Miss Beelzebub likes. - Karakuri Circus - Merc StoriA - My Sister, My Writer - Tokyo Ghoul:re season 2 - Golden Kamuy season 2 - Anima Yell! - Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight - and much more!