Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger Returns With '10 Years After' Film
posted on by Karen Ressler
Toei began streaming a video on Friday announcing a direct-to-video film special titled Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger: 10 Years After. The film reunites the main cast and staff of the Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger television show, which ran from 2004-2005.
The video says that the story is still a secret.
The returning cast includes:
- Ryuuji Sainei (Banban "Ban" Akaza / Deka Red)
- Tsuyoshi Hayashi (Houji "Hoji" Tomasu / Deka Blue)
- Yousuke Itou (Sen-ichi "Sen-chan" Enari / Deka Green)
- Ayumi Kinoshita (Marika "Jasmine" Reimon / Deka Yellow)
- Mika Kikuchi (Koume "Umeko" Kodo / Deka Pink)
- Tomokazu Yoshida (Tekkan "Tetsu" Aira / Deka Break)
- Tetsu Inada (Doggie Kruger / Deka Master)
- Mako Ishino (Swan "Swan-san" Shiratori)
The film will ship on DVD and Blu-ray on October 7 for 4,500 yen (about US$38) and 5,500 yen (US$46) plus tax, respectively. A special edition Blu-ray will include a CD, booklet, and bonus disc for 9,800 yen (US$82).
Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger is the second Super Sentai series to get a direct-to-video sequel 10 years later: Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger: 10 Years After premiered in 2013.
Footage from Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger was used in the American series Power Rangers S.P.D..
Source: Tokusatsu Network