Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger Returns With '10 Years After' Film
posted on by Karen Ressler
Toei began streaming a video on Friday announcing a direct-to-video film special titled Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger: 10 Years After. The film reunites the main cast and staff of the Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger television show, which ran from 2004-2005.
The video says that the story is still a secret.
The returning cast includes:
- Ryuuji Sainei (Banban "Ban" Akaza / Deka Red)
- Tsuyoshi Hayashi (Houji "Hoji" Tomasu / Deka Blue)
- Yousuke Itou (Sen-ichi "Sen-chan" Enari / Deka Green)
- Ayumi Kinoshita (Marika "Jasmine" Reimon / Deka Yellow)
- Mika Kikuchi (Koume "Umeko" Kodo / Deka Pink)
- Tomokazu Yoshida (Tekkan "Tetsu" Aira / Deka Break)
- Tetsu Inada (Doggie Kruger / Deka Master)
- Mako Ishino (Swan "Swan-san" Shiratori)
Writer Naruhisa Arakawa, director Noboru Takemoto, and composer Koichiro Kameyama will return to the series for the film. Riichi Seike will serve as action director.
The film will ship on DVD and Blu-ray on October 7 for 4,500 yen (about US$38) and 5,500 yen (US$46) plus tax, respectively. A special edition Blu-ray will include a CD, booklet, and bonus disc for 9,800 yen (US$82).
Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger is the second Super Sentai series to get a direct-to-video sequel 10 years later: Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger: 10 Years After premiered in 2013.
Footage from Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger was used in the American series Power Rangers S.P.D..
Source: Tokusatsu Network