Crunchyroll Adds 1st 7 English-Dubbed Granblue Fantasy Episodes
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Media service Crunchyroll announced on Monday that it has beugn streaming the first seven episodes of Aniplex of America's English dub of the Granblue Fantasy anime. The dubbed episodes are available for users in North America, Central America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
The Japanese and English casts for Granblue Fantasy stars:
- Gran: Yuuki Ono / Kyle McCarley
- Lyria: Nao Toyama / Kira Buckland
- Vyrn: Rie Kugimiya / Sandy Fox
- Katalina: Miyuki Sawashiro / Erica Lindbeck
- Rackam: Hiroaki Hirata / Kyle Hebert
- Sierokarte: Emiri Kato / Faye Mata
- Io: Yukari Tamura / Jackie Lastra
- Drang: Tomokazu Sugita / Ray Chase
- Sturm: Kanae Ito / Katelyn Gault
- Rosetta: Rie Tanaka / Allegra Clark
- Eugen: Kazuhiro Yamaji / Richard Epcar
- Djeeta: Hisako Kanemoto / Erika Harlacher
Julie Maddalena-Kliewer directed the English dub, and Michael McConnohie wrote the dub.
The dub will also be available in Aniplex of America's Blu-ray Disc releases of the anime. The anime will ship in two volumes on May 15 and July 17.
The first anime adaptation of the smartphone game premiered in Japan last April and ran for 13 episodes. Aniplex of America streamed the series with English subtitles on the services Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and Anime Strike. Aniplex of America describes the story:
This is a world of the skies, where many islands drift in the sky. A boy named Gran and a talking winged lizard named Vyrn lived in Zinkenstill, an island which yields mysteries. One day, they come across a girl named Lyria. Lyria had escaped from the Erste Empire, a military government that is trying to rule over this world using powerful military prowess. In order to escape from the Empire, Gran and Lyria head out into the vast skies, holding the letter Gran's father left behind - which said, "I will be waiting at Estalucia, Island of Stars".
A second television anime is in the works.