Gibo to Musume no Blues Live-Action Series Reveals Additional Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the live-action television series adaptation of Rin Sakurazawa's Gibo to Musume no Blues (A Stepmother and Daughter's Blues) manga revealed additional cast members on May 30.
- Takeru Satoh (seen right) as Akira Mugita, a role described as the show's "eye of the storm" that influences Akiko and Ryōichi's family
- Naho Yokomizo as Miyuki, Ryōichi's daughter
- Yosuka Asari as Tomomasa Taguchi, Akiko's subordinate
- Kazuyuki Asano as Hironoshin Kasahara, Ryōichi's boss
- Yumi Asou as Kazuko Shimoyama, an accomodating, middle-aged real estate agent
- Yōsuke Kawamura as Tomoyoshi Tomoi
- Mami Hashimoto as Otome Saijō
- Marin as Nene Inomoto
- Yoshie Okuyama as Ai Minamoto
Haruka Ayase (left in picture below) plays Akiko, while Yutaka Takenouchi (right) plays Ryōichi.
The four-panel manga begins when Ryōichi Miyamoto, a divorcee and father of an 8-year-old daughter, proposes to and marries Akiko Iwaki, a career-minded 32-year-old woman. Now, with both unaccustomed to household tasks, they must learn on the fly as they raise their daughter.
Bunkasha published two compiled book volumes for the manga from 2011 to 2012.