Jump Force Game Adds JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's Jotaro, DIO
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
Bandai Namco Entertainment America announced on Friday that Jotaro and his Stand Star Plantinum, and DIO and his Stand The World from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga are joining the Jump Force crossover game.
Spike Chunsoft is developing the game, which will launch on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on February 15 in the Americas and Europe and on February 14 in Japan. Those who pre-order the game will get a new Dragon Ball lobby vehicle and three costumes. The game's collector's edition in Europe will feature a diorama, three art boards, and a steelbook case.
Confirmed playable characters in the game include:
- Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi Hatake, Gaara, and Kaguya Ōtsutsuki (Naruto)
- Goku/SSGSS Goku, Frieza/Golden Frieza, Vegeta/SSGSS Vegeta, Piccolo, Cell, and Trunks (Dragon Ball Z)
- Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Blackbeard, Sabo, and Boa (One Piece)
- Ichigo, Rukia, Aizen, and Renji (Bleach)
- Gon, Hisoka, Killua, and Kurapika (Hunter x Hunter)
- Yūgi Mutō (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Yūsuke Urameshi and Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- Pegasus Seiya and Dragon Shiryū (Saint Seiya)
- Ryo (City Hunter)
- Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
- Kenshin Himura and Makoto Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Asta (Black Clover)
- Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
- Boruto (Boruto: Naruto next Generations)
- Dai (Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken)
- Jotaro (with Star Platinum), Dio (with The World; JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Light and Ryuk from Death Note will also appear in the game. Dragon Ball's Akira Toriyama designed some original characters for the game, and players will be able to create their own avatar characters in the game. The game's season pass will allow players to access nine additional characters.
Bandai Namco Entertainment describes the game:
Universes collide as legendary manga heroes and villains are transported to our reality. Massive battles fill epic locales as good and evil clashes, while humankind hangs in the balance.
The game's producer Koji Nakajima noted in an interview at E3 that the game will contain characters who will have their first video game appearance. The game will also draw primarily from Weekly Shonen Jump franchises that are based on "heroes" with "superpowers;" Nakajima downplayed the possibility of the appearance of franchises such as The Prince of Tennis and Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma.
Sources: Press release