Shadowverse Card Battle Smartphone Game Gets TV Anime
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Cygames, Inc. announced on Monday that its Shadowverse card battle smartphone game is getting a television anime adaptation.
The company also revealed the show's staff. Keiichiro Kawaguchi (Sket Dance, Psychic Squad, Frame Arms Girl) is directing the anime at ZEXCS. Rintarō Isaki and Deko Akao (Frame Arms Girl, Real Girl, Noragami) are handling the series composition. Ponzu and Soji Hisakata are the original character designers, and Hiroki Harada (The Girl in Twilight) is adapting those designs for animation. Yoshihiro Ike (Tiger & Bunny, Kuroko's Basketball seasons 2 and 3) is composing the music.
Other staff members include:
- Sub-Character Design: Yasunari Nitta
- Follower Design Chief: Daisuke Kitagawa
- Battle Concept Design: Seishirō Nagaya
- Prop Design: Yoshinori Iwanaga
- Color Design: Naoko Satō, Nanae Shinaji
- Art Director: Kuniaki Nemoto
- Art Setting: Nobuhito Sue, Shūhei Tada
- Special Effects: Team Taniguchi
- Monitor Graphics: flapper3
- 3DCG Director: Takahiro Kamiya (Aera Laboratory), Keisuke Kawatani (DEEN digital)
- Director of Photography: Shigeki Asakawa
- Editing: Daisuke Hiraki
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida
- Sound Production: Sonilude
The collectible card game launched for iOS and Android devices in June 2016 and for PC via Steam in October 2016. The game features both single-player and competitive multiplayer content, fully voiced stories, and the ability to evolve cards during battles.
The game received a tutorial anime video as part of its second anniversary in May 2018.