Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship SeriesMay 18th 2011
THE SIZZLING HOT Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES LANDS IN ORLANDO MAY 21st – 22nd
EL SEGUNDO, CA (May 18, 2011) – Hundreds of Duelists are strategizing, planning and plotting, eagerly awaiting the day when the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) touches down in Orlando, Florida. They can finally put their fine-tuned game plans into motion May 21st – May 22nd when Konami Digital Entertainment's (Konami) premier-level Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) event is held at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida.
This will be the first time that the latest YCS prize cards have been on the line in the Orlando area and approximately 1,000 accomplished Duelists and newcomers are expected to travel-in from all over the country to attend. With overflowing card portfolios, Deck boxes and tried and true strategies, these Duelists will be prepared for two days of intense, head-to-head competition, giving their all to capture victory in each round - reaching for the ultimate title of Champion.
Pre-registration for YCS Orlando will run from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. May 20tth and resume promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 21st. Round One will begin at 10:00 a.m. The Top 16 YCS finishers, along with the top Duelists of the weekend's Regional Qualifiers, earn invitations to participate in their respective 2011 World Championship Qualifier events, to be held later in the year. Duelists, upon paying their registration fee, will receive five Extreme Victory booster packs just for participating in Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series.
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Florida Exhibit Hall F
6000 W. Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34746
In addition to the main event, Konami will be offering a full range of Public Events such as Regional Qualifiers, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mat, Dragon Duels, and a tournament for the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus video game. The top Duelist in the video game tournament will win ten booster packs. Top finishers in the Dragon Duel events (for Duelists age 12 and under) will win a YCS Game Mat, an invitation to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier and a Dragon Duel t-shirt!
Konami will award a set of the YCS prize cards to the main event winner, the two runners-up, and the winners of Sunday's two Public Events playoffs. Each of these Duelists will receive one copy of each of the three YCS prize cards: Ultra Rare versions for the winner of the main event, and Super Rare copies for the others.
• 1st place – Set of Ultra Rare YCS Prize Cards; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Game Mat; Netbook plus 500 BoosterPass Points for Yu-Gi-Oh! Online Duel Accelerator; an interview with SHONEN JUMP; and an invite to their country's 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 2nd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; tablet PC Wi-Fi 32 GB; list of Konami game codes to be used on the tablet PC; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 3rd place – Set of Super Rare YCS Prize Cards; 32GB touch-screen MP3 player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 4th place – 32GB touch-screen MP3 player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011World Championship Qualifier.
• 5th – 8th place – DSi XL with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus; YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
• 9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Extreme Victory; Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus; YCS Game Mat; and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
If attendance exceeds 513 Duelists:
● 17th – 32nd place – YCS Game Mat and an invite to their 2011 World Championship Qualifier
Duelists unable to participate in YCS Orlando can check out live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.
Each Saturday morning in the United States Duelists can catch TV episodes of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series, along with the new Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's series, on TheCW4Kids block. For more information on Konami, the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 22 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 22 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.
KONAMI is a registered trademark of KONAMI CORPORATION.