• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ufotable Makes Black Rock Shooter Game's Anime Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The story is set in 2051, 19 years after alien "Apostles" launched a war that reduced mankind to just 12 survivors. The ultimate weapon, Black Rock Shooter, awakens to face off against the seven Apostles and their countless mecha.

WHY COULDN'T THIS BE THE PLOT FOR THE OVA?!! Crying or Very sad
pendleh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Quote:
The story is set in 2051, 19 years after alien "Apostles" launched a war that reduced mankind to just 12 survivors. The ultimate weapon, Black Rock Shooter, awakens to face off against the seven Apostles and their countless mecha.

I couldn't agree more, this plotline is waaaaay better than the nonsensical story of the OVA

....the story did make sense, just that it was poorly executed IMO
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote
I'm going to bet that all Black Rock Shooter projects will have absolutely nothing to do with one another except for the aesthetic and BRS herself.

Also, a minor correction: as weird as it may sound, Chevalier Saga Tactics is a browser game, an iPhone game and a retail PS3 game. No differences between all 3 versions.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I like the alternate BRS story, I loved the ova story. I'm wondering if cv for brs has changed to maaya sakamoto.
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
DO WANT BRS GAME. DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT. I need to learn Japanese faster...

I mean, come on! That plot is freaking epic! "2011--She Will Wake Up!"? Seriously? I don't want an OVA out of this, I want a WHOLE ANIME. Gimme at least 24 episodes, baby!

Man, I wanna play that game so bad...and I want the song...what's it called? Who sings it? And wth with the cast list! Mai Nakahara? Hiroshi Effin' Kamiya? *marks calendar with big glowing Vegas signs*

Ahah...ahahaha...Asami Shimoda. Irony much? xDDD
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
There is one name in the seiyuu list wrong. It should be Katsuhisa Houki, and not Katsutoshi Hoki (which I will correct on the Encyclopedia end now).
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Quote:

You took the words right outta my mouth, comrade. Anime cry

I mean, sure, the OVA's plot wasn't horrible by any means, but it just didn't mesh the two worlds all that well.
lionheart88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I really like the music of the trailer but I dunno whats the song name I heard it was fron one ok rock but dunno which song...
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
One of the staff at ImageEpoch was asked about internationl releases, and they confirmed that NIS America will be handling them.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Quote:

No kidding, the OAV was painfully boring if all you wanted was to see BRS in action. I still don't know who thought turning it into a vaguely related school drama was a good idea.

Only problem I'm seeing with the game is, where's everyone else? If this game doesn't feature other characters from the BRS universe then it might be lacking in potential as well. And who is the short haired version supposed to be? Another character or just a player 2 variation?

As for the other unnamed projects, hope the "Type-Moon x Imageepoch Project" gets a handheld or portable console release as well. "Ark Project", could it be a Neko Ark game since they mentioned the Type-Moon project when talking about progress? I'm a sucker for those multi-company games so I'm curious what "Mars Project" will be, maybe Imageepoch is in or working on the sequel to Neptune? If NISA really is handling a NA release then this might be the case. "Remus Project" sounds ambitious, but I hope they don't take too many liberties with the games they port.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1