• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Request Polls

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
While anyone can vote or comment. only certain users (Subscribers) can create polls in this forum. However everyone else can request polls in this thread and if a subscriber likes the poll idea, they can create it for you.
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
How about this:

Who do you think the creator of Code Geass made the Holy Empire of Britannia a metaphor for the most?

A. United States of America (Current)
B. Empire of Japan (Pre-1945)
C. United Kingdom
D. Other (please give your personal answer if you can)
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
Hm... not trying to start that old debate but what about a Poll asking if people watch Sub or Dub? Be interesting to see an actual count. People can also explain why they prefer a certain option.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
Hm... not trying to start that old debate but what about a Poll asking if people watch Sub or Dub? Be interesting to see an actual count. People can also explain why they prefer a certain option.
Hm....I think I'll sponsor you on that one, pal.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 pm Reply with quote
@Sanosuke - Thanks!
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Don't mention it.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote
Hm I was thinking of some random polls if anyone is interested. If they do feel, free to reword or retinker anything I suggested. Thanks!

1) What's your favorite show of the season so far? - Not sure if this one is too premature or not but we are about 7 episodes into the season.

2) Which writer do you agree with the most in season preview guides? - I think there's no doubt that tons of people read and comment ANN's preview guides. Whose taste or opinion do you agree with the most? The results maybe a little skewed since some people review more shows than others, that and Zac seems to have to pick up anything no one wants, but could still be fun to see what happens.

3) Do you watch anime on Bluray? - This one came to mind after looking at the retail forums or even at funimation's recent survey. A lot of questions are geared at quality of bluray or if you prefer your shows on Bluray. It maybe interesting to see how many people on ANN use a bluray player for anime. In the thread they can explain if they think it's worth it for whatever reasons. Fyi I worded the question the way it is to avoid any confusion of just using watching dvds on bluray player.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
Hm I was thinking of some random polls if anyone is interested. If they do feel, free to reword or retinker anything I suggested. Thanks!

1) What's your favorite show of the season so far? - Not sure if this one is too premature or not but we are about 7 episodes into the season.

2) Which writer do you agree with the most in season preview guides? - I think there's no doubt that tons of people read and comment ANN's preview guides. Whose taste or opinion do you agree with the most? The results maybe a little skewed since some people review more shows than others, that and Zac seems to have to pick up anything no one wants, but could still be fun to see what happens.

3) Do you watch anime on Bluray? - This one came to mind after looking at the retail forums or even at funimation's recent survey. A lot of questions are geared at quality of bluray or if you prefer your shows on Bluray. It maybe interesting to see how many people on ANN use a bluray player for anime. In the thread they can explain if they think it's worth it for whatever reasons. Fyi I worded the question the way it is to avoid any confusion of just using watching dvds on bluray player.

Given how interesting those sound, you have my okay to make those polls. Those are some great idea's, fantastic job coming up with such potentially interesting topics.

Best of luck.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Given how interesting those sound, you have my okay to make those polls. Those are some great idea's, fantastic job coming up with such potentially interesting topics.

Best of luck.
Wait, uh, are you gonna make them for him, then? Because, you know, he kinda can't make them by himself.
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Darksorrow29 wrote:
Do you watch anime on Bluray? - This one came to mind after looking at the retail forums or even at funimation's recent survey. A lot of questions are geared at quality of bluray or if you prefer your shows on Bluray. It maybe interesting to see how many people on ANN use a bluray player for anime. In the thread they can explain if they think it's worth it for whatever reasons. Fyi I worded the question the way it is to avoid any confusion of just using watching dvds on bluray player.

I can make this one for you, sorry can't make all three since subscribers can only create up to five current polls each right now.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Best of luck.
Wait, uh, are you gonna make them for him, then? Because, you know, he kinda can't make them by himself.

So that is how it works. If time permits, I'll see what I can do to set this plan into motion.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
How about "worst type of DVD packaging"? What needs to die the most? And on the other side, a "best type of DVD packaging".

Packaging types I can think of:
-singles
-thinpack
-thickpack (two types, the one where you have to open at a different point for each disc, like the side has multiple openings, and the one where you open it once and the DVDs are each on a different page, 1 per page)
-can't remember what they're called, but it's two discs on top of each other, but not directly like with a spindle pack, but offset so you can see both discs at once. They now seem to put them 6 in a single size case.
-spindle packs (everything on the one spindle in the center)
-Funi eco friendly Viridian packs

an anything else I can't think of since my head is a bit muddled with this cold.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa, your poll is up now. It's the first one I've made! Smile

Oh, I just made one for worst. I just noticed you wanted one for best, as well. I'll try to do that later.

LATER: Okay, both are up!
mmangelly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:17 am Reply with quote
Would you like FUNimation to license rescue Shaman King with an uncut dub and subtitles?

Yes.

No.

What is Shaman King?
Ronin X

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote
Now that the second half of One Piece has begun, how about making a poll about the most popular Straw Hat character after the 2 year time skip?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8