• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Appleseed Theatrical Release in March?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeaD_PooL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I once read of figures that came with CGI ova episodes.. were those even real or just clips from the movie?
pi8you

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:48 pm Reply with quote
The figures you're referring to actually came with one of three 3-4min dvd teasers of the new Appleseed CGI project, depending on which figure(s) you got. The clips on them looked excellent, even though they came out a few years ago, and time has only made this project look even better.
Zeiram

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:05 pm Reply with quote
this coming out in time to compete with ghost in the shell 2 for the animation category? hehe
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Uhh... it's not even being released until after the Oscars next year, assuming the Oscars are in February again.

But I doubt Ghost in the Shell 2 will even get nominated; it's gotten very mixed reviews and none of the critical momentum that Spirited Away had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zeiram

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:11 pm Reply with quote
heh I just found it fun that those two might be able to compete with each other there *shrugs*

I'll be seeing gits2i october 1st, so I'll find out how good it is on my own ^^

yay action figures, i've wanted those heh. I heard you can get those from japan for like 6 dollars or soemthing somewhere, not sure where tho hmm.
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:00 pm Reply with quote
im praying Innocence will sweep the Academy Award and show all those clueless people in North America what animation can do.

btw, if Appleseed is released in North America after December 31 2004, it will be eligable only for the 2006 Oscars, and Innocence is already eligable for the 2005(unless GoFish does the stupid thing and release the DVD before December 17th), so they wont be competing, they'll just beat Disney 2 years in a row Very Happy

read some of the rules of the Academy Awards, usefull stuff to know. from what i understand, Innocence is eligable for at least 7 Oscars
Proman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
read some of the rules of the Academy Awards, usefull stuff to know. from what i understand, Innocence is eligable for at least 7 Oscars

Unfortinately, the fact that it's eligibale doesen't mean that it will be nominated. At this point I would be glad if it got at least one nomination.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:47 pm Reply with quote
*Looks at paper fan that he recieved from Otakon which says "Appleseed, Coming Fall 04'."*

=/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
JustJon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:19 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:

btw, if Appleseed is released in North America after December 31 2004, it will be eligable only for the 2006 Oscars, and Innocence is already eligable for the 2005(unless GoFish does the stupid thing and release the DVD before December 17th), so they wont be competing, they'll just beat Disney 2 years in a row Very Happy
DVD release time has nothing to do with the Oscars. All that matter is the timing of the theatre release. Otherwise those early in the year releases with summer DVD releases would be inelligible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1